Does Windows XP and DVD RW mix together?

I want to know because I have some DVD RW Memorex discs that I want to edit.

If there is a possibility for Windows XP to read the disc, is there any recommended equipment that I may need to hook up in order to read the disc?

Thank you!

Depending on the type of files on the rw disk, all you should need is a dvd drive in the computer.

There is no built in mpeg2 decoder in XP, so if these have dvd-video in them, you’ll need a media player that can handle that format. Look at VLC media player, as it is free to download and use, and can playback most video formats. www.videolan.org

Are these from a standalone dvd recorder? Which editing program are you planning on using?

Aha! I need to buy a DVD Driver. How did I miss that…?

Anyway, what I had were VHS tapes that got converted to the DVD-RW discs and now I want to edit these discs on my computer. I will probably end up using Windows Movie Maker for editing. Not much, just moving some parts here and there.

Thanks!

Well, if these are dvd-video, I would strongly recommend using the free trial of VideoReDo TV Suite, or Womble Mpeg Video Wizard DVD. Both are fully functional for the length of the trial, and both will work with dvd video without re-encoding it, and thus degrading the quality of the video.