Does Windows 7 have a problem recognising Dual TV Tuners

vbimport

I have a Nova TD Stick with Diversity from Hauppauge to watch TV on my laptop.
All was fine in 2009 using a Laptop with windows XP.
I changed to a Laptop Operating with Vista and all was fine again. Then MCE started to not recognise the stick as a Dual tuner. I could still watch all channels but not record another while doing so.
So in 2010 I upgaded to Windows 7 not as a clean install, so if I am faced with a new install to fix the problem I will need assurance that this action will do just that.
Now in Aug 2011, I still have the problem and searching the web for a solutions it seems others also have the problem.
So it could be my stick is broken.
I could just replace it but if there is still a problem with Windows 7, I would be wasting my time.
So does Windows 7 still have or has ever had a problem with Dual Tuners?
:confused:
RegardsSid

[QUOTE=sid450;2598791]I have a Nova TD Stick with Diversity from Hauppauge to watch TV on my laptop.
All was fine in 2009 using a Laptop with windows XP.
I changed to a Laptop Operating with Vista and all was fine again. Then MCE started to not recognise the stick as a Dual tuner. I could still watch all channels but not record another while doing so.
So in 2010 I upgaded to Windows 7 not as a clean install, so if I am faced with a new install to fix the problem I will need assurance that this action will do just that.
Now in Aug 2011, I still have the problem and searching the web for a solutions it seems others also have the problem.
So it could be my stick is broken.
I could just replace it but if there is still a problem with Windows 7, I would be wasting my time.
So does Windows 7 still have or has ever had a problem with Dual Tuners?
:confused:
RegardsSid[/QUOTE]

Did you check their website for update to your driver since you switched to W7? And have you contact their support about the problem? There are some simple one must do first cause they probably have such reports and FAQ on problem that your facing which might be a simple driver software problem that their support probably have on record.

Yes I did check for new drivers and at the time I downloaded them to no avail.
Guess I better check again… Thanks for the response as I think it is a drivers problem as well.
Could be its the way Windows 7 treats its drivers.

Sid

Well I just went and downloaded and installed the latest driver.
Windows 7 Media Center still thinks it is a single tuner.
So I could be correct in assuming my dual tuner is broken.
:sad:

You guys will be pleased to know that on buying a new dual tuner, we went Digital. Win Media center found all the channels but Win7 TV a Hauppage program did not. You need to download a new version from the Hauppage website to fix the problem. All is well now.
:slight_smile:

Funny, I have 4 tuners IN and 2 tuners out on my pc running altogehter.

:confused: What are “tuners in” and “tuners out”?

Michael

I have yet to manage to make ANY computer running ANY Operating system make ANY TV card work.

I’m just trying to run ANY TV card to record ANALOG TV off my cable service, but no…

AD

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2610590]I have yet to manage to make ANY computer running ANY Operating system make ANY TV card work.

I’m just trying to run ANY TV card to record ANALOG TV off my cable service, but no…

AD[/QUOTE]

Sad, just plain sad

My now old Dvico fusion 3 gold has worked nicely as a HDTV card for probably over 5 years now and it can do analog or digital OTA TV and clear QAM cable also in HD if the channel supports it.
It has worked nicely in XP and now in win7 64 so if you just need a fairly simple 1 tuner card that can do most free HDTV type things their latest offerings should also work well. I haven’t researched their latest cards myself but I know they still make them and even had one of the first personal media players that could network and play almost any computer type file.
My cable provider has scrambled just about everything but some local analog channels below channel 30 and still is forced to provide my local channels in the clear and in HD if that’s the way they are broadcast so that’s what I use it for now.
I WANT to get one of the new set-top cable card supported HDTV boxes that has multiple tuners and can do all the premium cable channels in HD soon too but for now this is the card I use. They have unified drivers so the older cards still get updates that also add new features to their newest versions.
I have ran this card in everything from a dual core AMD up to the latest hex core they make with 4 to 8 meg of ram and for the most part is has worked great with all those systems 32 or 64 bit.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2610534]:confused: What are “tuners in” and “tuners out”?

Michael[/QUOTE]

Internal and external, I should have said.

The key for internal cards is to choose the correct slot(s), then installing the correct drivers for them. And never underestimate the importance of the PSU used!!

Externals are easier to handle.
These days Quad-tuner cards exist, also dual tuner cards (2x DVB-S2 eg.).

[QUOTE=chef;2610604]Internal and external, I should have said.[/QUOTE]Ah, okay.