Does this sound like I\'ve been copy protected? (Pioneer DVR-110D / DVR-R100 / DVR-610)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-110D / DVR-R100 / DVR-610. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi all,

I am in the process of trying to rip some albums to MP3 to brun them all to one MP3 disc for my Mum’s car. The disc in question is:

Katie Melua - Call Off The Search

Without thinking about the copy protection chances, I insterted the disc into my PC. No autorun came up, just a spin and clunk, spin clunk, spin clunk from the drive. I’ll admit I did forget to check to see if autorun was disabled etc, but I was sure it was as most discs do’t auto play in this drive. I tried another CD in the drive and it opened and read the files fine without issue. I then tried the CD in my laptop and it read files fine. I then used TweakUI to disable Autorun and rebooted. I then inserted the music CD and opened Windows Media Player and to my surprise the CD read and ripped without issue.

Does this sound like my PC now has crap installed on it? If so, is there a way to remove it? The label is Dramatico Records.

Thanks,

D :slight_smile:

IDK. Google ‘Root Kit’ for more information.