Does this pentuim 4 support 64bit?

x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1GenuineIntel ~2666 Mhz

i bought my pentium 4 2.66ghz a few months ago in hong kong, i have no clue weather or not it supports 64bit, or the so called “EM64T”, the salesman, as usual, states that 64 bit is supported, but i want proof, so can anyone here tell me if my pentium 4 supports 64bit or not?

many thanks.

Check with CPU-Z (look at the mouse pointer below).

if i don’t use cpu-z correctly, will i accidently overclock my pc?

is there any other SAFER way to check my cpu besides using cpu-z?

cpu-z cannot overclock your system, it only a tool to show information about your system

I do not know. CPU-Z 1.35 or earlier versions do not overclock a CPU.

Yes. You could send some 64-bit instuctions to your CPU and notice what it does.

so any other effective yet safe way to check?

i do have my pentium 4 box with me, but i have no clue as to what specific info i should be looking for, so can anyone help?

i just want to make sure the salesman didn’t lie to me and give me the old pentium 4 2.66 form a few years ago.

No.

For this you may have to flash the motherboard BIOS with what should be the correct BIOS for it. BIOS may be modified to incorrectly reprot specifications.

If you know these values to be correct, you should be able to tell whether the CPU should support 64-bit extensions (I don’t remember exactly when 64-bit extension were implemented for Prescott).