Does this motherboard support this processor?

vbimport

I’m looking to buy a new motherboard i like this one

But i dont know if the motherboard support this processor?

Thanx in advance :bow:

Sorry for the bad english

Yes, good mboard and chip combination.

Thank you and one more question :o
What´s the diference between the venice core processor and the winchester core processor?

If you don’t plan on overclocking, I’d get a much cheaper board.
DFI on newegg.com is $130.

Depends on what you want to do with the new PC. I’ve just built a new PC to replace my ancient 600 MHz PIII. Don’t care for the NF4 because of the heat and possible driver issues.

The best NF4 board is only 2% faster than my AX8 (passive north bridge heat sink). This board uses ALL Rubycon Japanese capacitors and comes with 3 yr warranty. If you don’t have to run a hard drive with NCQ, then the Abit AX8 should fit the bill at $100. The board comes with 4 SATA ports, 3 IDE channels, 4 fan headers, and 2 optical digital I/O. There are 8 USB 2.0 and 2 firewire 1394 terminals.

It is also backward-compatible with the older PCI format.

2 PCI slots
3 PCI-E 1x slots
1 PCI-E 16X slot (video card)

I have no problem overclocking the board up to 262 MHz FSB (3700 speed) using AMD Winchester 3000 and value RAM (Corsair Value, Kingston Value, or KingMax SuperRAM, 5:6 memory divider, 1.525 VCore). Others have hit 285 MHz FSB with the new Venice 3200 CPU. That’s better than +4200 speed! Venice core is capable of higher overclock speed. It also improves memory detection when all 4 memory slots are used.

http://www.provantage.com/buy-7abit049-ax8-athlon-via-k8t890-vt8237-sata-raidm-dual-ddr400-motherboard-abit-shopping.htm

the Venice is the next stepping of the 90nm A64. it features SSE3 instructions and as furballi said, a revised mem controller. they overclock a bit better than the Winchesters…

Thank You so much!!!
Im going to order the venice processor and the nforce motherboard

Good choice! :slight_smile: Best combo around at the moment IMO.