Does this look ok?

i want to know if it will play ok and read ok?

it might sound crazy, but trying to play it urself would be a good test as to whether it’ll play or not.

well id have to install a huge program.cant it just have a bad secter n middle?

andf more inportantly is i only have this burner as a dvd player

KProbe doesn’t tell you whether a disc will play or not. It only shows a graph for you to ponder.

well what does the graph say to you.to me i think i may buy another burner to see if i get a better burn and put this burner in pc as a player and cdrw burner. would you do that according to that graph?since they have lite on at walmart now it wont be to far away but i realy dont have a extra cash but i want something i can trust

It tells me why Lite-ON doesn’t release KProbe officially and got angry when they found it online. People run it and then decide to return the burner based only on a picture. I wouldn’t even consider that a bad scan… expecially for CMC Magnetics Media.

What’s the point of having a DVD burner if you complain about installing a “huge program” to play a DVD Video and you have nothing else to play the disc in than your DVD Burner? Why do you have a DVD Burner in the first place?

id never return it escialy since this is a specail 411:) . but id use it in another pc and get a new burner. im still a major newbie when it comes to dvd.but id get another lite on since there cheap and they seem to try to ememdy any problems and continue to relase new firmwares . only thing i wish is some day linux distros would instead of haveing 7 cd,s that put it on like one dvd

Originally posted by dhc014
[B]It tells me why Lite-ON doesn’t release KProbe officially and got angry when they found it online. People run it and then decide to return the burner based only on a picture. I wouldn’t even consider that a bad scan… expecially for CMC Magnetics Media.

What’s the point of having a DVD burner if you complain about installing a “huge program” to play a DVD Video and you have nothing else to play the disc in than your DVD Burner? Why do you have a DVD Burner in the first place? [/B]

hi dave, is it dave ??,

i,m owning a lite-on ldw-401s now, and read about your and others topics about flashing the drive to ldw-411s.

is it true, that this is possible?

If so, what firmware do i need, i downloaded from your site

these versions: ldw-401s_esocb and ldw-411_fso2b.

wich one do i need, IF it is possible ??.

Greetings, mrmusic.

It’s illegal to convert the drive and thus we do not allow the discussion at this forum. Read the sticky thread.

Converting it involves to much risk and many have done it incorrectly and ruined their drives also…not recommended.