Does this look good?

I ran this on my 451S running 851S firmware on Memorex+RW, fully formatted dvd.

With the speed hacked 851s firmware provided by cdfreaks, am I supposed to be able to write to 4X rwritable media at 8X ? I looked quickly but could not find that information.

Yes.

@dave

4x REWRITABLE at 8x? u sure bout that?

@Goomph
If u bitset the discs to -rom, the discs should rip faster in rom drives.

He added the second paragraph after I replied. First of all, the firmware is not “provided by cdfreaks”, and second of all. No burner can burn any DVD+RW media at 8x. The speed hack lets you burn DVD+R media at 8x.

good to see there was some explanataion Dave…thought the borgs may have still had a hold on u:bigsmile:

I meant the firmware I found via cdforums … compared to getting it from just anywhere …

And, yes I added the second paragraph afterwards as I was fixing the url for the image. I thought I read somewhere that the speedhack was also for rewritables, obviously not. When I burn Just +R or -R it will come handy.

Originally posted by Goomph
[B]I meant the firmware I found via cdforums … compared to getting it from just anywhere …

And, yes I added the second paragraph afterwards as I was fixing the url for the image. I thought I read somewhere that the speedhack was also for rewritables, obviously not. When I burn Just +R or -R it will come handy. [/B]

It does work on RW discs… if what you’re trying to do is bump a 2x disc to 4x or a 2.4x disc up to 4x. Can’t use it to bump the speed up to 8x. Plus, since I haven’t heard any success stories (at least not yet) of successful overspeed burning of DVD+/-RW discs, speedhacking RW is not recommended.

I am just soo glad that I am now able to burn these rewritables, and they can be read on my old dvd player. I guess the full format followed and preceeded by booktype setting (to dvd-rom) made the trick.

Now I have to return one dvd player, one dvd burner, and one box of maxell dvd+RW’s (which I can’t seem to burn properly no matter what).

If it wasn’t for the help I got here, I would have returned the liteon dvd burner as well. :wink: :bow: