Does the ws03 firmware support mount rainier?

vbimport

I have just bought a new ltr40125w drive and everything works perfectly however nero infotool says it doesnt support mount rainier (I have ws03 firmware)............is this true??? do I need to flash to the latest ltr40125s firmware to get it?...any help appreciated..............dave

please use the search option…it is on the right side…above

and read here

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42344

Originally posted by davros
I have just bought a new ltr40125w drive and everything works perfectly however nero infotool says it doesnt support mount rainier (I have ws03 firmware)…is this true??? do I need to flash to the latest ltr40125s firmware to get it?..any help appreciated…dave

yes i just got mine the same as you i had to flash tto 40125s to get it !!!

• the 40125s firmware giveed better media compatability :slight_smile:
    =============================================

use mtkflash and flash from dos useing the Zs0J.bin

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cheers ViRuS2k…you know what the next question is dont you??heh heh!..where the hell do I find the zs0j.bin file??..I have looked in OC FREAKS firmware files and on a few posts on our drive (40125w+s)…by the way I came across your post where you thought you had killed something on your drive…huh that is just my luck…just watch I,ll probably get a power cut or something in the middle of the flash…anyway I seem to be rambling on a bit mate…but before I go will you tell me how your drive is doing now regarding errors and such…is it worth me flashing just to get mt. rainier (I,ll never use it I bet!!!)…cheers…davros

cheers ViRuS2k…you know what the next question is dont you??heh heh!..where the hell do I find the zs0j.bin file??..I have looked in OC FREAKS firmware files and on a few posts on our drive (40125w+s)…by the way I came across your post where you thought you had killed something on your drive…huh that is just my luck…just watch I,ll probably get a power cut or something in the middle of the flash…anyway I seem to be rambling on a bit mate…but before I go will you tell me how your drive is doing now regarding errors and such…is it worth me flashing just to get mt. rainier (I,ll never use it I bet!!!)…cheers…davros

============================================

Ok 1st thing is first ! give me your email address and il send the following

Mtkflash.exe
Zs0J.bin
Text.file with instructions ! SO YOU DONT DO ENYTHING WRONG :smiley:

Ok the post your regarding was my stupidity lol
i thought i damaged my burner but i did do the flash ok :slight_smile:
the problems i was getting was due to bad media i was useing !
i can burn at 4x - 32x with out errors :smiley: but i do get errors burning at 40x + and beyond :slight_smile:
so all the problems i was getting was due to incomatable media

Ok do the following !

put mtkflash & Zs0J.bin on your C:/ or what ever drive you os is on !

the restart you system boot into dos with a floppy disk and then dont select load cdrom drivers go into dos with out your cdrom drivers

then when your into dos do the following !

C:/ <<<then Press enter

dir <<< then Press enter

mtkflash x r /b /m WSO3.bin <<< then press enter

that will WRITE a new bin file on your c drive KEEP THAT firmware thats your original for flashing back purposes

then do the following

=========================================

mtkflash x w /b ZS0J.bin

it will go through this procedure

bank0 ok
bank1 ok

through to

bank6 ok

Updateing…

Please reboot…

============================================

thats it your sorted now after your reboot windows will find your new drive :slight_smile:

i need you remail address to post all above to you !..

you’re a star ViRuS2k…my e-mail is ....david.hunt9@ntlworld.com
…thanks again mate!!!

you’re a star ViRuS2k…my e-mail is ....david.hunt9@ntlworld.com
…thanks again mate!!!

no problemo mate :slight_smile:

post back telling me how you got on !
email has been sent …:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

heya virus2k
could you please send me the zs0j.bin file to my email at dcourtne@bigpond.net.au thanks

also just checking this will work I have a liteon 32125w model which i’ve overclocked to 48x using the vs02.bin file. My media only supports 40x so I was thinking of using the zs0j.bin file to go back to a 40x drive. Is this all correct? thanks again

regards slayer

Originally posted by slayer
[B]heya virus2k
could you please send me the zs0j.bin file to my email at dcourtne@bigpond.net.au thanks

also just checking this will work I have a liteon 32125w model which i’ve overclocked to 48x using the vs02.bin file. My media only supports 40x so I was thinking of using the zs0j.bin file to go back to a 40x drive. Is this all correct? thanks again

regards slayer [/B]

Its been seent mate post back tell me how you get on !!

and yes it will flash your 32125W to 40125S

with mt rainier support and full cav or p cav lol :slight_smile:

hope this helps…

:Z :Z :Z :bow: :bow: :eek: :rolleyes: :bigsmile:

thanks virus2k will give it a shot now
thanks again :slight_smile:

right ViRuS2k I have some results for you!!..with the zs0j firmware I seem to be getting a few yellow sectors at the end of my burns using prodisc, emtec and verbatim discs (using the scandisc on nero cdspeed) also using the cd quality check I get between 200 and 300 errors (0.00%) and a small but consistant dip in the read graph using my ltd163 dvd drive…its always above 50mins and occurs at 24x,32x and 40x…with the original ws03 firmware I lose the rainier support but also dont have these errors!! I have written 3 discs within the last hour with ws03 firmware (all around 700mb) with zero errors using the prodisc’s at 40x, my dvd drive reads them at 34x with no dips in the graph, all green on the scandisc…mmmmmmmmm I dont know whether the zs0j really is better tweaked for media, my ws03 has the edge on my setup…we need more results posted in this thread from 40x liteon owners using both firmwares…davros

P.S. I have noticed on the discs that have errors and slowdowns that they have ‘rings’ on the written surface similar to z-clv written disc’s whereas the ‘good’ burns are ‘ring free’ I watch the LED on the drive to see if it turned orange at anytime during the burns which would indicate the smart burn underun working but it didnt and I burned 702mb in 3.12, I need more discs to test for this…