Does the U.S. have secret prisons?

vbimport

This is CNN News:

The chief of Amnesty International USA alleged Sunday that the Guantanamo Bay detention camp is part of a worldwide network of U.S. jails, some of them secret, where prisoners are mistreated and even killed.

So, what are your civilian thoughts about this particular newsitem?

Let it be…

It isnt much of a secret.

Oh I thought you were referring to my dungeon…:wink:

Well, CIA in Seoul probably once considered kidnapping or assassinating a two-star general who months later became South Korea’s last dictator who killed thousands of citizens himself so it’s because the CIA didn’t do that that at least millions of South Koreans hate the US now, not becase CIA is known to do some secret operations. The dictator first became the chief of South Korean style GRU and later also became the chief of Korean CIA (modeled and named after CIA.)

Murray says the jet was operated by Premiere Executive Airlines.
He says in Uzbekistan, many prisoners are subject to torture techniques straight out of the Middle Ages: “Techniques of drowning and suffocation, rape was used quite commonly, and also immersion of limbs in boiling liquid.”

Such techniques were common here, too, but the guy who ordered all of them still lives as well as any billionaire.

Isn’t CIA also a civilian agency? I thought most US government ministries and agencies were run by civilians.

Nothing new.

Yes, and they have them here in the states too. You can call them prisons or holding cells or whatever, but they do exist. The americans aren’t gone to lose their freedom/culture due to foreign invasion. They’re losing it to domestic/government invasion.It has underhandingly been gone on for years. I won’t say more or I might end up in one of those prisons.

Counties are always going to have areas and systems to remove people from society that they do not want around.
Sometimes these people need to be removed for reasons that cannot be made public.
I’m certain that people guilty of various crimes (terrorism?) are just removed as some of the evidence wouldn’t stand up in court due to the ways it’s obtained.

The law courts free so many guilty people due to clever lawyers it’s unreal.
How they live with themselves after is beyond me.

Well then I bet you love the PATRIOT ACT cause if they label you a terrorist then they can be thrown in jail for 90 days no lawyers no judges, you just go to jail. :eek:

The word terrorist is so loosely define in that law that what most people do on their pc they can be called a terrorist and in turn go to jail. Isn’t that nice?

If you don’t believe me you should do some more reading on the Monkey laws.

Also they had a 55 year old man in NY that get pissed off at one of the public utility and said something like they should blow your place up to the operate. Well cause what he said he was charged with a terrorist act and got 90 days in jail, after they let him go. WTF!!! :frowning:

One more thing I liked what Benjamin Franklin said:
“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” :iagree:

never heard of it- I’m English.
Don’t agree with that by the sound of it though, it seems from your account - extreme.

I was commenting on the likelyhood that people just “disappear”, I’m sure it happens. Certain people are known to have committed atrocities but are “above” the law or information about them would be inadmissable in court. I really do think that they on occasion “disappear”

Maybe you should read up on the PATRIOT ACT before you say my account is extreme. The problem with a lot of stupid americans they think are politicians are going to do right by them and that just not the case.

You can start with ACLU and how bad they find the law or do a search but don’t come to a conclusion with out knowing all the facts!!!

Read my signature :slight_smile:

Don’t forget about the neoconservative PNAC thinktank which declared years ago (!), that the US will need a “2nd Pearl Harbor” (just search the PDF) - which happened on 9/11 - to expand their power and spread their Diebold democracy and Halliburton liberty.

Usually I am not into “conspiracy theories” but as a german I can tell, that the Führer and his Nazi-bastards most likely burned down the Reichstag by themselves to gain more power and to force the people into this horrible war. But they claimed that it was a dutch communist. The same goes for “our” invasion of Poland. They claimed, that Poland attacked the german “Reich” and that they had to defend themselves (“Seit 5.45 Uhr wird jetzt zurückgeschossen”). It’s up to you if you can recognize any parallels…

However, yes, the US has its “prisons”, but it’s not only Guantanamo or Abu Gurhaib… Don’t forget about Diego Garcia (no, thats not a latin popstar…) and all the other present time torture-gulags all over the world (the american government is even cooperating with the so called “rogue states” like Syria et al.).

These are monkey times… F U Doublepoo! :bigsmile: :cop:

hope i never find one!!!

funny thing is they musta got to him… or maybe he was just plain LYING.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Despite highly publicized charges of U.S. mistreatment of prisoners at Guantanamo, the head of the Amnesty International USA said on Sunday the group doesn’t “know for sure” that the military is running a “gulag.”

“It would be fascinating to find out. I have no idea,” Schulz told “Fox News Sunday.”

and quite frankly i don’t care if they are doing that to people that want to kill me. i say the only good terrorist is a dead one… and i get to decide who is a terrorist.

right now my fav video is that 4th25.com where the guy with the rpg takes about 5 or 6 in a real short time… wonder if he would rather be in gitmo getting 3 square or taking 3 in the noggin?

as far as quotes go:

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
Barry M. Goldwater

You wouldn’t happen to be the Grand Dragon too? :rolleyes: :sad:

ok this was about the “Gulag” but apparently since you can’t win that one you want to call names… well the only active (or if you believe him: Inactive) member of the KLAN in congress, the man who said

“The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here…”
is democrap Robert Byrd the demos also were the ones who tried to keep blacks segregated by blocking republican attempts to pass the 1960s civil rights legislation i suppose Abe (a republican again) freeing them is what made a democrat assassinate him. so i guess you were asking me to see if i was one of your people?

but hey… don’t let the facts get in the way of your impotent name calling… i bet if i was in the same room you would just break down and cry like the whinny baby you are… you should change your nick to pc-whinny maybe someone will mistake you for a rap star.

back to the debate – anyone wonder why the quick turn around from “gulags” and saying that rumsfeld was the riechmarshall to “it would be interesting to know” could it be that their own people got a bit twisted on that? they certainly folded quicker than the CBS “Fake but Accurate” news and in my opinion most people will come away thinking this was a joke that they couldn’t keep a straight face long enough to tell.

Racist is racist no matter what color he or she is or no mater what robe they hide behind!!! :Z
I guess sometimes turth can hurt.

where the F*CK you get racism from my wanting the worst for people who want to kill me i don’t get… but hey why don’t you see how wonderful they are by visiting them, maybe they can make a video of you doing what little you do best – denigrating your country – right before they lay you down and cut off your head with a machete. of course you will sound like a squealing pig after they cut through your windpipe but hey… how would that be any different than now?

Have they been found guilty of anything? Did they even have a trail?
Who decided that they are all terrorist?
I think this one applies to my country as well!!!
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” - Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the U.S. (1918)