Does the NEC 2500A still not support the Bitrate Setting Tool?

If yes where would i get it ?
if no then why is it takeing so long ?

im shure i read somewhere the older versions of NEC drives supported this.

if not then why only LITEON gets the glory lol

BTW this burner is indeed very good at media quality and that was on Ritek Datasafe Go4.

manufacter date on my drive is January 2004 or was it febuary lol cant remember i do know it was manufactered in 2004

Originally posted by ViRuS2k
[B]If yes where would i get it ?
if no then why is it takeing so long ?

im shure i read somewhere the older versions of NEC drives supported this.

if not then why only LITEON gets the glory lol
[/B]

Back then, +R is not popular format. Older drive may opt to support booktype setting so that it help compatibility, thus boost more sales. In the case of LiteOn, i’m not sure why they did it. Maybe also boost sale.

NEC may never support this feature officially. I don’t think they feel like they need to. IMO, the only chanceis that Herrie (our new mod) somehow come up with a way to port those codes from 1300A to 2500A.

Hi! I just found this:
NEC 2500A RPC1 and OEM 1300A Bitsetting firmwares available!

What is bitsettings firmwares?

Thanks a lot

I noticed that HP’s new dvd420i has started to appear. This could be based on NEC ND-2500A (if it shows up as a 420n) and HP usually requires its drives to support bitsetting so if anyone can get hold of this drive it might be worth checking. It could in that case be possible to use HP’s firmware on a NEC ND-2500A to get bitsetting.
NTI lists however both a HP 420n (=NEC) and a HP 420c (=Philips/BenQ) and if it’s the latter it will of course not work.

SO many people are asking for a bitsetting firmware mod !

Hey Herrie !

HELP US PLEASE !!!

:bow: :wink: