Does the LTR-40125S and WinOnCd 5.02 Work?

vbimport

I can't seem to get WinOnCd 5.02 to work with my Lite-On LTR-40125S burner. I have the newest version of WOCD and I've also d/led the newest UniDRV version 1.11.02. It seems that it's not supported by this new update and UniDRV right now but I wanted to ask hoping someone may know a way to get it to recognize the Lite-On.

Which program is better to use for everyday copying data and audio files....WinOnCd 5 or Nero 5.5?

Thanx,

both are good

nero is more popular

Originally posted by Bowen
[B]I can’t seem to get WinOnCd 5.02 to work with my Lite-On LTR-40125S burner. I have the newest version of WOCD and I’ve also d/led the newest UniDRV version 1.11.02. It seems that it’s not supported by this new update and UniDRV right now but I wanted to ask hoping someone may know a way to get it to recognize the Lite-On.

Which program is better to use for everyday copying data and audio files…WinOnCd 5 or Nero 5.5?

Thanx, [/B]

I too have this program and it is supported by Roxio thats if you have the original?

Yeah I have the original 5.00 and it didn’t work either…my friend who has WOCD 5 as well said it works with his but only because he found a special 40x update so it would see his. Without it the update at Roxio does not enable WOCD 5 or 5.02 to see the Lite-On 40x burner.

Which speeds for 40x with WinOnCD?

For my LiteOn 32x (S) are:
3 :confused:

I tried to manually select it but it’s not listed in WOCD!! It’s not in 5.0 or 5.02!

OK thanx…I’d rather use the first idea…point to it in the library. I’m ok in the registry but I’m certainly not going to mess with it unless I have to! I didn’t think to point it at the library since I’ve never had to do that before. I thought the UniDRV file would do it.

Thanx

Originally posted by Oz.
[B]I have just gotten hold of WinOnCD 5.03, will install it later tonight.

If you leave an email addy, I’ll send you the Registry entries from it, would be very surprised if it didn’t support your writer. [/B]

Awesome…I’d like that! sithtiger@hotmail.com

Thanx for the reg fix…works fine now. Unfortunately WOCD and Nero don’t seem to like each other very well. I’m gonna have to uninstall one of them…I use WinXP Pro so no worries here. I see that Clone 4.0.1.6. is ready for d/l now!

Using WinonCd 5.03.8.44 here with Liteon 40125s and no probs so far,also got Nero 5.5.82 installed on WinXp Home and no conflicts yet.

Drac

DracUK…did WinOnCD 5…show liteon 40125S and not just a drive letter with blank next to under preferences and recorder…

I have the retail 5.0 …updated to 5.02 with newest drivers…UniDrv 1.11…under the MMC driver version 3.70 there is no option for a Liteon drive beyond 32x…however that said…under recorder the properties show it supports write speeds to 48x

Bowen I have used Nero and WinOnCD 5 for about 6 mo together without problems…I do notice if smartburn is enabled in Nero what max write speed it reports is max speed WinOnCD 5 reports…disable this and both show max speed of 48x…

I installed Clonecd first…then Nero then WinOnCD 5…Olli author of clonecd reported at one time the order in which you installed/uninstalled clonecd and Nero affected how they got along…

Also I ran into a problem once where I had Nero and WinOnCD installed and unistalled them and did not reboot in between and I lost my cdrom, cdrw drives…took me awhile to figure it out…but I reinstalled Nero first nothing…then added back WinOnCd and everything was ok…then uninstalled one at a time with a reboot

So if you are having problems my suggestion …unistall each one at a time and reboot and make sure all is well…does clonecd still work…I left this on …

then reinstall Nero first then reboot and try WinOnCD 5…