Does the latest version remove region protection?

vbimport

i have heared tht 1clickdvd doesnt remove Region codes frm dvd’s - is it true?
I want to remove Region code frm the original DVD tht i’ll b coping to the HD and then to another blank DVD… is it possible?

Also, i heared i need to download additional CSS removal tool… is it true? Any links for the same OR the software will provide the same once i install it

No , 1ClickDVDCopy does not remove Region Codes
That would be the responsibility of your Decrypter

If you would like to Remove the Region Code

• and all the other crap they put on these DVDs

I would recommend that you try AnyDVD
http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html
AnyDVD has a 21 day free trial

Definitely worth every penny :iagree:

are you sure about that?? as you know i use nothing but 1click with DVD43 and all my backups are region free that is info provided by Nero InfoTool along with VSO Inspector. Nero reports All regions and VSO reports regions 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

so its either dvd43 or 1click making my backups region free

To my Knowledge DVD43 nor 1Click

• do nothing to remove Region Code Scripts
    Actually , It would be nice to be able to say that they Did …

Are you using a Region Free Firmware in your Source Drive ?

AnyDVD reports :

[B]Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.6)
HP DVD WRITER 640B E223 05/10/21KRKC27185B
Drive (Hardware) [COLOR=DarkGreen]Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2286112 sectors (4465 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HAPPY_FEET
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1![/B][/COLOR]

With AnyDVD closed or Open
the VSOInspector Does report : 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
on this same Disc - in a RPCII Drive

The Region Coding - only really becomes an Issue

• If you’re Backing Up DVDs from a different region - anyway
    Most Users would never even have to really worry about the Region Coding

:wink:

no i am not using a dvd region free firmware both my drives are set to region 1. The disk is definately region free cause i switched the the region of one of my drives over to region 2 (I needed a region 2 disk. of course i don’t have one but i have a ton of region free disks…lol) and i was able to switch the region with a back up (region free disk). put the original in and i got prompted about the wrong region. put in the back up and it played back with no problems.

1ClickDVDCopy nor Pro remove region codes, if you are using anyDVD or are using firmware from the sight Shannon mentioned then all your discs will be region free, Fab also does this.

like i said i don’t use region free firmware or use anydvd the back up i used was done with 1click and dvd43

i have been doing some testing with my backups for awhile and i noticed that some are region free and some are not (i was like WTF). So i took an original i had and made a movie only backup and a backup with extras and menus. Nero InfoTool reports that the movie only back up is region free and the extras and menus back up is region 1. I than switched my LG drive over to a region 2 drive and the movie only will play fine but the extras and menus back up will not. So i have come to the conclusion that movie only backups are region free using 1click and dvd43. Anybody want to test go ahead i can’t change my drives over anymore i am out of the times i am able to change the region…

I guess that would make sense

• since you’re only Backing up the Movie VOB Files
  • The RPC protection screens are found in the Main VTS Menu

… Learn something everyday :wink:

We could just ask Gregory …

:cool:

actually from what i found out is that there are two places that contain the region info on a dvd.

i have no idea where they are located(don’t even want to take a guess) but 1click gets one and not the other it seems