Does the 760A support PATA to SATA adapter?

vbimport

I want to convert the 760A from IDE to SATA interface and connect to a P965 mainboard, can I use a PATA to SATA adapter to convert the 760A to SATA interface?
Does the PlexTools 2.35 will work with this “760A-SATA” writer?

PTP will work with any interface. The 760SA is just a 760 drive with a SATA bridge chip. The question is whether your adapter is compatible with the 760.

Not all adapters will work. Some may work but limit burning speeds and others wont even recognize your drive. I tried about 3 different nobrand PATA to SATA adapters and none did work for me. I finally gave up and bought a ITE chip based IDE controller for PCI to get my Plextor 760A working on a Intel965 Board…AFAIK Silicon Image based IDE controllers also work fine with ODDs.

Anyone try to use the Gigabyte PATA to SATA adapter with the 760A? Does it work?

no the gigabyte is a jbmicro 330…

the jbmicro 330 converter does not work with the 760 1.06 ide burner…

it freezes / locks up…

the converter works ok with nec 7170/pioneer 112d/111d/110a/sony 820a

JM20330
Serial ATA 1.5 Gbps bridge chip
product brief

Overview
The JM20330 is a single chip solution for serial and parallel ATA translation. It includes the Serial ATA PHY, Link, Transport, and Parallel ATA (application layer) controller. The Serial ATA physical, link, and transport layers are compliant to Serial ATA 1.0 JM20330 supports a 1.5GHz data rate, and scalable to 3.0 GHz data rate by directly doubling the internal clock source. The application layer supports both the ATA register command set and PACKET command set, which could drive both Hard Disk Drive and ATAPI Optical Storage such as CR-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-RW, etc. The Serial ATA and the Parallel ATA application layer support both host and device operation and can be configured through a single pin.

Feature
Compliance
• Serial ATA 1.0 Specification compliant

Overall
• Automatic Serial ATA 3.0/1.5 Gbps speed negotiation
• ATA/ATAPI PIO mode 0 to 4
• ATA/ATAPI Ultra DMA of transfer rate 16.7, 25, 33, 48, 66, 100, 133, and 150MB/s.
• ATA/ATAPI LBA48 addressing mode associated with 2-byte sector count
• Support Serial ATA hot-plug
• Ultra low power consumption
• Work for both AC and DC couple between the transmitter and the receiver
• Provide specified OOB signal detection and transmission
• Support Spread Spectrum Clocking to reduce EMI
• Support 20MHz, 25MHz, 30MHz or 40MHz Reference Clock
• Support Partial/Slumber power management
• Provide adjustable TX signal amplitude and pre-emphasis level
• Master/Slave support

[B]Which chipset converter have you got it to work with…???the above 1 NO good for the 760a.[/B]

and where did you get it from…

© Copyright 2006

jmicro 330 works fine with my 760
http://www.syba.com/product/41/04/SY-BIR-IDESA/index.html

requires nforce sata drivers to be installed for it to work

no… if got a dfi expert board nf4 939 (latest nvidia drivers)

xp sp2 (latest dates)

the jbmicro 330 works with all my other burners but the 760a (ide)

(is their a 760 and a 760a?)

drive spins up ok…windows load … load file explorer access f: (my 760a) locks up.

same with nero + plexstools (iv got anydvd on (latest)) …

unplug drive via sata data cable - system unfreezes…i will try again…run a few more test…

plug it back in to ide - ok all other burners on the 330 are ok.

p.s tried it with a 109 pioneer- i get a 50%slowdown in read/rip speed.

well I have a nforce 570 sli, so that’s probably it. I have to use ide drivers >= 6.66 (how’s that for a version number). did you install the nforce ide drivers when prompted? also try using mei’s nware remix 6.10 or getting the latest bios (maybe beta?) and see if that helps.

it works for me in both normal mode and raid mode.

yes. but i can’t get it working on:

sata
nf4
onboard 3114
sil 3132
promise tx2
jbm 363
via

any driver version…

other burners ok… and the 760a works on the ide of.

nf4 ide
pic via ide
jmb ide 363…

(gen 2 port pci ide)

I don’t know what to tell you. I do know that my jmicron based syba controller works like a charm. you should get one an test.

has anyone tried this Gigabyte converter with a 760a on a Gigabyte K8NSNXP motherboard, connected through the nVIDA controller not the SiL 3512 ?

My PX-755SA works just fine on both the NVidia NForce 4 Controller as well as the Sil 3112 on my Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra-9 NForce 4 Ultra

thanks for the info, unfortunately the K8NSNXP uses the older nFORCE3 250 chipset, but it is promising that it works with yours

Anyway I wouldn’t count on it! All this adapter stuff has some bugs. For example I had to unplug my PATA-SATA adapters to set up Windows. With the adapters connected Windows won’t install.