Does sony have it's own head up its @$$ or is it just me?

vbimport

Look, Sony makes music. Sony makes Mp3 players. Sony makes CD-Burners.

NOW

Sony makes Securom. Sony makes Key2audio/data.

The Background: Sony dosen't want it's artist's music copied/ripped on to the internet or onto a cd-r (so if the original gets scratched you have to buy a new one!) so Sony introduces Key2audio. Yay! Now they cant back up thier own music! Whats this? People are LEGALLY backing up their own software?? This wont do! Lets make an anti-burn copy protection! Yay!

Now, here is where i get confused. Their Mp3 players are rendered usless to the mass market (at least the group of music lovers that love <shudder> boybands and pop which is the crap that sony induces into the market.). Their CD burners cant copy their own games, and they cant make music cds so they too are rendered essentially usless.

Soooooo, where/how is sony making money when all it's doing is contradicting it's own products!?!?!? And when are they going to realize that no matter how hard they try to stop burning there will always be developers like Bxxxxj and Olli and places like CDFreaks.com where people can come and beat these corporate idiots at their own game!

WHEW! It feels good to rant...

At this time I am also sending an email to support@key2audio.com to see what sony is thinking... I think ill post it later...

there will always be developers like Bxxxxj

I consider Bxxxxj one of the corporate sell-out bastards of which you speak.

Even though he doesn’t make money of Clony…

(pants from expending too much energy ranting)

Really? How so?

Originally posted by Bloodstar007
[B](pants from expending too much energy ranting)

Really? How so? [/B]

I got all kinds of nasty e-mails for translating Clony. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: .

And I’m not the only one. Many translator’s now have started working on it anonymously.

you got nasty emails from bxxxxj? Was it just because of errors in the translations?

Originally posted by Bloodstar007
you got nasty emails from bxxxxj? Was it just because of errors in the translations?

It was either him, or crazyacka, don’t remember which. It wasn’t because of errors, it’s because he’s an ass.

basically - leave my software alone, cause its mine ?

Originally posted by ckin2001
basically - leave my software alone, cause its mine ?

I don’t think anybody would have minded that much if it were just that.

People got insulted, etc., for improving the program and making it more popular.