Does ripping speed affect disc quality

I have read around the forums and sometimes reducing burning speed can increase the quality of the burn.

When ripping a movie backup does the read speed play a factor in the disc reliability?

Thanks,
JOe K.

[QUOTE=tjcinnamon;2218253]I have read around the forums and sometimes reducing burning speed can increase the quality of the burn.

When ripping a movie backup does the read speed play a factor in the disc reliability?

Thanks,
JOe K.[/QUOTE]

I’m just a beginner, but as far as I know, the read speed makes no difference to the ripping process; it should be automatically adjusted by the ripping software i.e. if there is any difficulty reading the disk then the software will slow the drive down in an attempt to read the data correctly. What will make a difference are ‘read errors’. These occur when the data cannot be read from the disk after the maximum number of attempts by the software; normally this will halt the ripping process, but there is often an option to ‘ignore read erors’ which will allow you to get as much ‘good’ data as possible from a scratched or damaged disk.

Sláinte

midders