Does Prodisc still produce media for Verbatim?

vbimport

Does Prodisc still manufacture media for Verbatim? I have not seen any Prodisc made Verbatim medium for a very long time.
Do you think that Verbatim will find another OEM partner or MBI, CMC, Prodisc (?) are enough? Maybe FTI or TMI will be next ones…

I haven’t seen any Prodisc-made Verbs for a while here in Australia, all the CD-R’s I see are either Daxon or CMC. As for DVD’s, I’ve only recently seen TY and CMC. Come to think of it, I’ve never seen any MII Verbs here either…

MII is all the Verbatim I can find here in Ireland/Western Europe. At least as far as Lightscribe +R goes. There is also some Tayio Yuden MIJ stuff.

Yep, its been quite a time since Ive last seen a Prodisc made Verbatim here in Germany.

The majority in regular stores is TY and MBI, online shops sell MBI and CMC.

[QUOTE=SeanW;2063967]There is also some Tayio Yuden MIJ stuff.[/QUOTE]
I meant those with MCC MID :wink:

My current tub of Verbatim is Prodisc. I think I bought it a couple of months ago. At that point in time the only +R Verbatim in my local Best Buy were Prodisc…there weren’t any CMC available.

Last time I went to buy some, all they had was CMC. I still haven’t seen any MBI Verbatim in the local stores.

This is in the US, but a pretty backwater market here in W Texas.

The Verbatim Archival Grade and Verbatim Hard Coat Protection 8x DVD-R (MCC 02RG20) I have bought have been made by Prodisc, but they are marked 2006 and with old packaging (bought a while ago).

I don’t remember ever getting or seeing Verbatim 16x DVD+R or Verbatim 16x DVD-R made b Prodisc, although others have seen such beasts.

I’m seeing mainly CMC (MIT and MIC), and some MBIL-made ones. Haven’t seen any Prodisc-made Verbies in ages, now you mention it (mainland UK here).

I’ve got a 25 pack (maybe 2) of the Prodisc Verbies (MCC004) that I picked up ages ago.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2063999]The Verbatim Archival Grade and Verbatim Hard Coat Protection 8x DVD-R (MCC 02RG20) I have bought have been made by Prodisc, but they are marked 2006 and with old packaging (bought a while ago).

I don’t remember ever getting or seeing Verbatim 16x DVD+R or Verbatim 16x DVD-R made b Prodisc, although others have seen such beasts.[/QUOTE]

I bought the last Prodisc made Verbatims in november/december of 2006. Since then I have only seen older “forgotten” 8x Verbatims or cheap reprinted budget media like Blupop or Extreme.
I think that Prodisc doesn’t make MCC media any longer and in the near future we will see Verbatims made by another company, perhaps FTI will be the next OEM partner (along with media made by CMC and MBI) .

Perhaps there are other factors.

Arachne, do you buy Lightscribe media? These days that’s all I buy, and that’s all MII from what I can see. Printable verbs and branded verbs may well come from different places.

I’ve ordered a 25 pack of colour Lightscribe +R verbies from the 'States (along with a few other odds and and ends), I’ll certainly look to see where they were made, though with MCC quality and specifications that distinction is largely academic.

The question could be more specific: has anybody seen “new packaging” MCC by Prodisc? I haven’t paid 100% attention to this (haven’t bought any neo-verbies yet), but CMC and MBI is all I can recall seeing (retail Belgium/Germany).

[QUOTE=SeanW;2064015]
Arachne, do you buy Lightscribe media? These days that’s all I buy, and that’s all MII from what I can see. Printable verbs and branded verbs may well come from different places.[/QUOTE]

My LS DVD+R and CDR are both made by MBIL.

The Printable Verbies (MCC 03RG20) that I have are MIT by CMC.

The only Neo-Verbies (MCC004) that I own are MIC by CMC :slight_smile:

Checking back through the forum it seems I bought those 16x +R Prodisc Verbatims in late November 2007. And as I said, they weren’t available the last time I checked.

These were in the new packaging by the way.

That confirms there’s ©2007 Prodisc at least, Kerry.

[QUOTE=Cressida;2064019]The question could be more specific: has anybody seen “new packaging” MCC by Prodisc?[/QUOTE]

You may not be seeing it in Europe, but there’s tons of it in the states, mostly in the new design 100-pack. Haven’t seen any in the 50-pack of late.

And once again, at least for North America:

100-pack + High Lip + MIT = CMC

100-pack + Low Lip + MIT = Prodisc

Fonts don’t matter on the 100-pack.

And Verbatim isn’t switching to any new suppliers since they already have one, and that’s MBI. What will happen is that you will start to see more MII media. That’s the only change that’s going to happen. We’ve already seen it with the DL media here in the states.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2063999]The Verbatim Archival Grade and Verbatim Hard Coat Protection 8x DVD-R (MCC 02RG20) I have bought have been made by Prodisc, but they are marked 2006 and with old packaging (bought a while ago).

I don’t remember ever getting or seeing Verbatim 16x DVD+R or Verbatim 16x DVD-R made b Prodisc, although others have seen such beasts.[/QUOTE]Yes, I have seen both 16x DVD+R and DVD-R by Prodisc, in addition to the products mentioned by you before.

However, I haven’t seen any new 16x Prodisc MCC since like a year.
Mostly seen MBI, CMC and some TY.

I got
+R 100pack High Lip / MIT [B]CMC PAP6[/B]
+R 50pack High Lip / MIT [B]CMC PAPA[/B]
+R 25pack Low Lip Light Scribe and Hub Printable / MIT [B]CMC PAPA[/B]
-R 100pack Low Lip / MIT [B]CMC MAP7[/B]
-R 25pack Hub Printable Low Lip / MIT [B]CMC :Z MAP6[/B]
-R 25pack Hub Printable Low Lip / MIT [B]CMC MAPA[/B] [B]This is great one But only two 25pack I got[/B]
-R 50pack High Lip / [B]MIT CMC MAP7[/B]
-R 50pack Printable High Lip / MIT :Z [B]Prodisc[/B] ( Clear Hub )
and DigitalMovie 8X :Z +/-R media MIT [B]Prodisc[/B] [B]Older one is better[/B]
All new packaging