Does processing power affect ripping and burning quality on lite-ons?

i didn’t really know which forum this should be in, but since i get a wealth of information here, i decided to get support from you guys. i’ve been ripping and burning my movies and data from an Athlon XP 2600+ that i have overclocked (conservatively :wink: ) at 2.4ghz w/ 512 mb of Kingston HyperX ram and a 80gb hd w/ 8mb cache all on a Abit NF7-S. it does the job very well. my other computer (server) is a Athlon XP 1600+ on an MSI KT266a Pro2 RU w/ 2 Seagate Barracuda 80gb hd’s in a RAID 0 on a AMD 761 board w/ 768mb of ram. i can overclock it and have had it clocked at 2000+ speed. but i was wondering, do you guys think if i just ripped a whole bunch of movies to the harddrives on my server, and later install my dvd burner on that and burn them all, that i’d still get the same quality burns? what i’m really asking is that, do you think i’ll be able to rip and burn as well as on my current rig? reason is b/c i’m moving and i’m going to only take this rig w/ me and i’m going to let my brother use my server to rip movies to. thanks a lot fellas!

There are many reasons why you may get different results eg different hardware, but the “server rig” sounds like it should be able to do the job just fine for your brother.

:iagree: