Does it matter if you do other things while you are burning a dvd?

vbimport

does it matter if your continue to surf the internet or do other things on the same computer which you are burning a cd or dvd . Does it hurt the quality of the dvd or cd?

Not unless you are maxing out the memory and buffers. For the most part the answer will be no…

Depends on a lot of factors I think.

If the source of the burn is the one & only HDD you’ve got then you must be very careful not to do anything that uses a great deal of disk activity.

Likewise don’t run anything that might try to access the burner.

So like surfing the internet will be ok, so long I am not maxing out the memory. But playing a game or printing something would not be good.

I’d say so. I certainly do that when I’m burning & no problems so far.

I never do anything while the burning is going on even if I can since waiting for 8 to 9 minutes is not that long. I do at times start printing a label but I only start the burn after the printer has started. I just feel that why take the chance of making a disk that has skips in it because I could not wait for 8 to 9 minutes. In my cases I have a second computer so if I want to go on the internet I do it on the second computer. Never can understand why people get a new computer and then get rid of the second one for little of nothing when with a simple router they could be using the old one while the new one is doing something like burning a cd.

It all depends on whether your processor and motherboard are multi-tasking and compatible and you have enough system memory not to mention a very good high-end video card.

i have burnt both ways and my burning was much more successful (no skipping or errors) when I left the computer alone (I have a laptop that I play on while i wait that long seven - to - eight mins… ha ha)… I also turn off my screensaver while I am burning… I am pretty sure that is a personal choice though as its about 50 - 50 with my mates whether to leave it on or turn it off…

TCAS- is there an easy way to know whether your processor and motherboard are multi-tasking and compatible and if you have enough system memory not to mention a very good high-end video card??