Does FTI make the TDK CD-Rs also?

vbimport

I am running low on CD-Rs and want to pick up some more if I just pick up some TDK discs will they be made by falcon as long as they say made in UAE?

I don’t know of any other UAE-based manufactiurer that produces recordable media in large volumes, so chances are it will be FTI.
(If there’s no country of origin on the packaging, it is more likely to find CMC, Ritek or MBI CD-R under the TDK brand.)

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2513451]I am running low on CD-Rs and want to pick up some more if I just pick up some TDK discs will they be made by falcon as long as they say made in UAE?[/QUOTE]
yes

Thanks for the info guys.

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2513543]Thanks for the info guys.[/QUOTE]
if you ever find any give us a shout :flower:

probably going shopping for them on Wed on my day off if I find them I’ll post back, there is a K Mart and Office (Depot or Max not sure) near where I live so I am going to give them a try and see what they have.

K Mart and Staples didn’t even have TDK went to an office max and they had TDK made in Taiwan and a spindle made in China so I went with the Taiwan discs should these be any good? Also is an optiarc ok for scanning CD-R and what speed should I scan them?

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2514047]K Mart and Staples didn’t even have TDK went to an office max and they had TDK made in Taiwan and a spindle made in China so I went with the Taiwan discs should these be any good? Also is an optiarc ok for scanning CD-R and what speed should I scan them?[/QUOTE]
Optiarc is a excellent CD scanner and burner. CMC made CD are usually average quality. Scan them @16x-32x the speed is debatable. I do mine @16x but I don’t think that speed is available for Optiarc. I do suggest that u try burning no faster than 16x to start.

Thanks for the info at least I didn’t get the Ritek of CDs, with the Optiarc I can choose 4, 10, 20, 40, and 48x to scan so I will use 20x.

Burnt 2 PS1 games at 32x one seems to play fine the other there is a little shutter in the CGI movie so maybe I will try reburning that one at 16 and see what happens.

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2514110]Thanks for the info at least I didn’t get the Ritek of CDs, with the Optiarc I can choose 4, 10, 20, 40, and 48x to scan so I will use 20x.

Burnt 2 PS1 games at 32x one seems to play fine the other there is a little shutter in the CGI movie so maybe I will try reburning that one at 16 and see what happens.[/QUOTE]
Ritek has made very good CD-R in the past, from what I hear they are still OK.

I meant I’m glad I didn’t end up with CDs that are as low quality as Ritek DVDs, I have also heard Ritek makes good CDs

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2514146]I meant I’m glad I didn’t end up with CDs that are as low quality as Ritek DVDs, I have also heard Ritek makes good CDs[/QUOTE]
If you do decide to try Falcons, Duplication.ca has been offering free shipping deals on them. Here’s the current one http://www.duplication.ca/shop/product.php?productid=2294&cat=0&page=1 . I’ve had excellent results with quality scan and good playback. Only CD-R I’ve come across in recent times that is as reliable as a good batch of T-Y CD-R’s. Post a scan of one of those MIT TDK’s if you get a chance. Like to see what they look like these days, haven’t checked em out recently :).

20X CD-R scanning with the 7241S seems to be a good choice compared to the 16X BenQ scan I usually use.

Falcon Smart White CD-R
Burned at 16X in Pioneer DVR-115D
20X scan with AD-7241S
16X scan with BenQ DW1640

Looks like the Falcons win

Top 32x burn bottom 16x burn, both with Optiarc 7240S using IMGburn

BTW what color is the ink on the Falcon discs is it blue or green?

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2514353]Looks like the Falcons win

Top 32x burn bottom 16x burn, both with Optiarc 7240S using IMGburn

BTW what color is the ink on the Falcon discs is it blue or green?[/QUOTE]

That’s usually a safe bet with Falcon media :).

16X burn doesn’t look too bad, glad to see you didn’t end up with junk :iagree:.

The Falcon CD-R’s I’ve used so far have been clear phthalocyanine dye. The recording surface appears silver with a bit of a rainbow effect when tilted back and forth. The diamond CD-R’s are similar but a bit more pure silver in appearance.