Does EAC recognize Bluray/DVD/CD burner/players? It is very important for me that I am able to continue to rip CD's and the information is scarce

So I just bought a Pioneer Black 16X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner BDR-2209 burner/player. I haven’t installed it yet, because I need a power Y splitter since I want to keep my good old solid ASUS DVDRW/CDRW BEST-i drive and my power supply’s power cords are all used (3 internal hard drives and that one optic drive, only 4 power cords from that a brand new 475w power supply, should have asked the store for one with at least 6…oh well.

Has anyone here got some experience with using this model or any BD burner or player for PC’s which seem to all also burn/play DVD’s and CD’s, which is just what I expect. But I’m having trouble finding info about blu-ray capable (this one can do XL, quadruple layer BD-R’s…I have some double layer ones, 50gb, which is enough for now, I can’t imagine the price for TL and XL discs, just 3 BD-R DL’s was 25 dollars.

But I have no fear that I will be able to burn large backups on BD-R’s, I need to continue to be able to rip music CD’s with EAC. EAC’s website although they continue to release versions looks like its from 1999 and the forum link is dead so I have to ask people here, I’ve been told you guys are the people to ask about stuff like this.

Thanks, glad to join this forum.

I’ve used EAC with a Pioneer BDR-205, BDR-2209 (209UBK), and an LG WH16NS60 UHD drive. I haven’t run into any issues.

I’ve used a LG WH14NS40 & a LG WH16NS40 for ripping commercial Audio CDs with EAC.
I have two versions of EAC 1.1 & 1.3 .
Also works with burned Audio CDs .

Thanks a lot. My “cred” on a few private trackers depend on my ability of creating perfect lossless CD rips. I’ll be hooking it up tonight, I got myself a Y sata power jack so I can keep the my DVD/CD burner/player in my tower too. This is pretty reassuring.

I’ve never dealt with BD drives, only DVD drives, and my experience with ripping under Pioneer’s drives (212,. 215, 216, 217) was not quite positive.

In the end I rip all audio CDs from Lite-On drives, not a single problem so far.