Does DVDFab automatically pick best frame resolution for your device?

vbimport

I have it set to convert a movie to my Blackberry (mp4) and it chose 320 X 180. Should I assume that this is the best my cell phone will be able to play?

Thanks,
Warren

[quote=warrenianbarr;2170215]I have it set to convert a movie to my Blackberry (mp4) and it chose 320 X 180. Should I assume that this is the best my cell phone will be able to play?

Thanks,
Warren[/quote]
It is the default output quality now if you want a different quality then you will have to experiment and see what you like as everyone has different tastes in picture quality than others. Also I do not do the mobile at the moment and you will have to wait until another member answers better for you. Also Welcome to cdfreaks warrenianbarr

hi, warrenianbarr

What model of your Blackberry ? I just want to create some profile for different Blackberry phone model. the different Blackberry have different screen resolution.

I have a Blackberry 8820 too, which screen resolution is 320x240.
I will do some test and create profile for this phone.

Thanks.

I have a Storm and I used the 320 by 240 and it worked fine. I am assuming this is the best quality I can convert to. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Warren

[quote=warrenianbarr;2170316]I have a Storm and I used the 320 by 240 and it worked fine. I am assuming this is the best quality I can convert to. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Warren[/quote]
warrenianbarr to what Ting said post your phone model. He will create the best one and add it to the mobile in an update unless that is already added

Sounds good, thanks. Is 320 x 240 the highest resolution that DVDFab will convert to? The picture quality is great but I am pretty sure the Storm can handle higher resolution.

Warren

[QUOTE=warrenianbarr;2171372]Sounds good, thanks. Is 320 x 240 the highest resolution that DVDFab will convert to? The picture quality is great but I am pretty sure the Storm can handle higher resolution.

Warren[/QUOTE]

Answer the Ting’s question and post your blackberry model

[quote=warrenianbarr;2171372]Sounds good, thanks. Is 320 x 240 the highest resolution that DVDFab will convert to? The picture quality is great but I am pretty sure the Storm can handle higher resolution.

Warren[/quote]If you convert to higher than the native resolution of the device you are wasting encoding time and file space. Use the native resolution with a higher video bitrate (within what the device supports) for the best quality.

Oops sorry. I thought by saying The Storm, you would know I meant Blackberry.

Don’t worry they might have thought it was a movie

The way I phrased the question was a bit awkward also. What I was basically trying to ask was I know that the Storm and some other phones can handle more than 320 x 240 but does this program offer conversion resolutions higher than that?

I run my resolution much higher and use the tv out(iphone) function so I like going higher personally.

Right now I use the Blackberry cell phone option and convert it 320 x 240. Are you saying if I use the iphone option, I can set a higher resolution? The reason I ask is because I know my phone can handle more than 320 x 240.

I just picked iphone instead of Blackberry (which I actually have) and it has more choices for resolution including one for 720 x 404.

The specs for my phone (Blackberry Storm) say High resolution 480 x 360 pixel color display however I chose the 720 x 404 just to see what would happen and it played. I am assuming it wasn’t true 720 x 404 when it played on my phone. Should I just pick the closest resolution to 480 x 360 since that is what I will see? The highest DVDFab offers for Blackberry cell phone is 320 x 240.