Does Dubbing Speed (HDD to DVD) Affect Picture Quality?

vbimport

I have a Magnavox MDR-513H DVR with HDD. It gives me the capability of dubbing a program stored on the HDD onto a DVD. I use Taiyo Yuden DVD-R blanks and all of my programs are recorded onto the HDD in SLP mode. I can then dub at several speeds ranging from high speed to lowest speed. My question is does does the speed of dubbing affect the quality of the resulting picture on the DVD?

In other words, will a program dubbed onto the DVD at the highest speed be of the same quality as if the same program was dubbed at the lowest speed or will it be of lower quality?

Dubbing speed will not affect picture or sound quality.
It [I]may[/I] affect readability of the disc, but slower is not necessarily better.

HDD-DVD recorders typically have the capability of re-encoding when dubbing from HDD to DVD in real-time (1x); this will reduce picture quality, but might be necessary in some cases such as e.g. fitting the content onto a DVD. I don’t know if your specific recorder has this capability.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2781361]Dubbing speed will not affect picture or sound quality.
It [I]may[/I] affect readability of the disc, but slower is not necessarily better.

HDD-DVD recorders typically have the capability of re-encoding when dubbing from HDD to DVD in real-time (1x); this will reduce picture quality, but might be necessary in some cases such as e.g. fitting the content onto a DVD. I don’t know if your specific recorder has this capability.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!