Does Benq 1640 like verbatim media?

I am in the market for a new burner. I have read alot of good reviews on the benq 1640 and also the lite-on 1693.

I have about 150 verbatim DVD-R media laying around I dont want to go to waste. The media code is MCC 02RG20 made in taiwan.

Anyone use this combo?

Yes, they get along very well, at 8x and 12x. Here’s an example.

Thanks for the input and taking the time to post the image…

Anyone else before I make my purchase? :clap:

I think agent009’s scan about says it all. Here is another scan of MCC 02RG20 (MIT) to make you feel better. Click. :slight_smile:

How you guys can get those impressive scans? I got a 1640 and with MCC 02RG20 (Datawrite) i got +40 PIF erros and 95 QS as average… burned with WOPC and Solidburn on… any suggestion?¿

Maybe cause your using datawrite

Datawrite +r mcc’s normally have been pretty good for me the following was burnt at 8x on a 1640 BSLB

Datawrite have 2 sorts of media, usually both on the same spindle as I found out

Grey top Titanium -R’s - I have a spindle of 50. 10 are able to be burnt upto 16x with less than 10 PIF peaks (usually alot lower), 40 are only burnable at 2.4x or I get POF’s (a few even give POF’s at 2.4x). All errors start at the 3GB mark and the scan looks like a nice ski slope that just gets higher and higher till it errors out.

Datawrite are not the best discs. I have had alot of problems with variable quality from them and this has now put me off from buying any more.

Verbatim 16x dvd-r media , burned at 12x.

DVD_Predator

Is that a external benq? If so which enclosure is it in? Did you mount it yourself or buy it all in one?

How about this Verbatim burning, I haven’t had good experience with burning Verbatim with high Quality Scan.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=154261&page=8&pp=25

It is a BenQ 1640 internally mounted, crossflashed to external firmware BEFB with BQflasher.

If you are referring to this scan, your burn process stopped at 4.28 GB but the scan intended to go up to the full 4.38 GB. The symptoms are consistent with a disc that hasn’t been finalized properly.

As far as PIFs, 16x +R burns exhibit the “toothbrush” effect in all BenQ drives. Burn MCC 004 at 12x to get cleaner burns.

If you are referring to this scan, your burn process stopped at 4.28 GB but the scan intended to go up to the full 4.38 GB. The symptoms are consistent with a disc that hasn’t been finalized properly.

It’s more likely that he forgot to eject the disc before scanning.

Q.