Does anyone make this external burner?

I haven’t found one.I would like to find an external burner with an digital audio input optical .
So does anyone manufacture one like this?
This would be for a computer not a set top unit.
If not optical what about digital coax audio input?

[QUOTE=cholla;2014218]I haven’t found one.I would like to find an external burner with an digital audio input optical .
So does anyone manufacture one like this?
This would be for a computer not a set top unit.
If not optical what about digital coax audio input?[/QUOTE]I haven’t seen one but they may be out there.

I use my Klipsch controller that came with my Klipsch Promedia speakers. Using the digital coax out of my Creative X-Fi card. The controller also has optical input but have never used it.

Yes but seperate components. Search the net.

Bob I looked at the Klipsch site.With the controller I would be where I am now.With a digital optical audio output but no digital optical audio input.(as explained below)
THE C. It would only be one component & I already searched the net.I just didn’t find one & I thought someone at this site may have already found one.
I will try to explain again what I’m looking for.
An external DVD/CD Multi recorder(burner) for a computer.I’m sure it would be USB so the computer could control it.The problem is finding one with a digital audio optical input (Toslink) jack.
I am wanting to go directly to the external burner digital optical audio input from a digital optical audio output on the soundcard.This should allow me to record any sound that I recieve on the computer.
Whether a single cool sound from a web site or some legaly available music that couldn’t be recorded with the computers internal burner.
I may need to add a Receiver/Amplifier to the components.I have found one that has digital audio optical input & output & will buy it if necessary.But I would test first without it.
I also found a home(not computer) CD recorder that has a digital audio optical input but it will only record on Music CD -R or - RW which are some more expensive I would like to be able to use data(computer) CD -R or -RW.
I hope this explains what I want better.

cholla i understand what you are looking for. Like in my 1st reply not that i know of but someone might make one.

I don’t think the 2-pin digital connector on the back of the optical drive is an INPUT, but an OUTPUT instead. But I could be wrong. If it’s an input, I’m sure you can get a TOSlink or coax connector and install it to the external case, but you will need some level matching components depending on the digital format. You are basically looking for a portable DAT or MD recorder, but just with CD format. I can only think of professional audio may have an equipment like that, and it would be expensive.

The set top unit I found was this one:
TEAC CD-RW880 CD Recorder
But no luck on finding an external computer one.