Does anyone know who manufacturers CD/DVD Disc?

vbimport

I’m looking for a manufactuer who manufactures CD/DVD discs, Audio on one side and DVD on the other? I think this is probably only available in America, but if anyone knows of a manufactuer who does this please can you let me know?
Many thank.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by gut

I’m looking for a manufactuer who manufactures CD/DVD discs, Audio on one side and DVD on the other?
Hi !
Without knowing more specific details I can hardly imagine anybody to be a big help here.

Hi Gut, and welsome to the forum!!

Never heard of such a thing, have you actually seen these discs?

Hi, no i haven’t seen the discs, but i’m gradually finding out more about them. Apparently no european manufactuers make them, they are all looking into it at the moment, but Warners and the other major label record companies in America are looking to release them in the next couple of months. There is one act who i think has a single coming out on CD/DVD format in November. My company is looking into using them, and we wanted to know who manufactured them, but no-one seems to know. We’ll probably have to wait a couple of months.

They may be manufactured, but that does not mean they are available in a burnable version. I think it’s unlikely that we will ever see a disc that can be burned on both sides. Manufactured discs do not have the multi-layer construction that burnable discs have.

gut - you were looking for a factory to produce such pressed discs if I’m right? And not writable discs of this type?

Just to clear that up :wink: