Does ANYONE know which subtitle stream is "forced subtitle/captions" on new SW DVD's?

There are 3 English subtitle/caption selections on the new SW DVD’s (A New Hope, Empire…Back, Return…Jedi). The first is like 12MB. The other two are like 3MB each. I think the very last one may be the one that has the on-screen translation of the alien languages. I know how to make DVD Shrink show the captions, but I’ need to know which stream to tell it to show.

I only kept the forced one which is as you described i.e. when Jabba speaks etc. One of the others is straightforward subtitles, I think the other tells you who is talking in the directors commentary (I’m at work so I can’t check)

I found it. It is #2 English.

I am making an AVI of Kingdom using DVDFAB.Does anyone know which subtitle is the one to use when the Arabians speek.

I have all my movies on a Media player.

I have been working on this for days and I am going crazy.

Thanks anybody

You can view your subs and see which ones are forced using DVDSubEdit.
http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/

Hi,
This sounds very complicated all I want to do is find out which subtitle stream to select on DVDFAB Platignum.

Sorry I am still learning and we all have to start somewhere.

All the help from this forum has been invaluable to me and I am very grateful.
Thanks to everybody here.

Keep all the streams in your native language.

Regards

Does that not put subs on the screen all the time? even english when you dont need it.

Cheers

You can also play the DVD in any player (even a standalone) and simply pay attention as you cycle through the different subtitle streams.

No, it doesn’t put them on the screen all the time. You have to turn them on via a button in the language menu or the remote.

Regards

As far as I am aware when you convert a dvd to avi there is no way of switching on or off off subtitles via a button on the remote.

Cheers

[QUOTE=maid;2038383]As far as I am aware when you convert a dvd to avi there is no way of switching on or off off subtitles via a button on the remote.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

I finally found which one you need to check in “The Kingdom” as like you, was getting very frustrated with it. When you use the program, and you go to the first screen with subtitles, it should be defaulted as “Disabled” Check the English at the very bottom of the list. That way, you will ONLY get English on the screen when they speak Arabic - not all the time.

It worked for me at least.

Cheers
Mike