Does anybody know what happened to the site Allmediaoutlet.com?

vbimport

Just out of the questions here folks… But does anybody know what happened to the site Allmediaoutlet.com? I got the site info from reading the blogs here years ago and I been buying Taiyo Yuden media all the time from there. Well I was going to make a purchase again and been trying to access their site for nearly a week now and it appears its down OR just closed business. Anybody know what is going on with them? And/Or could someone please give me a very good site in the USA that deals with "real "Taiyo Yuden media please. Thank you

Yup it looks down, I can’t get on it either.

Don’t know where you are located but can you buy from rima.com?

Yo Y2K000-

The very best US online retailer for genuine Taiyo Yuden media is Rima at www.rima.com - and strongly suggest buying 200 or more to get your best break on shipping-eh!!

Yes I live in Wisconsin. And the place where I use to buy I bought 300 at a time. But I like the site I bought from due to it having genuine media that I like which is TY. Never bought from rima or heard about it.

Rima’s highly regarded by most of our US members. Their TY is definitely genuine. :slight_smile:

Do you guys know if TY makes Blu-ray media? Speaking of Blu-ray, does the PS3 play copied blu-ray media?

I haven’t seen any blu ray media by TY yet. The brands I know of are TDK, Sony, Verbatim, Imation, and Ritek.

I don’t own a PS3, but I’ve definitely read posts showing that PS3 owners are playing burned BD-R and BD-RE disks in them. Look in the forums at videohelp.com.

[QUOTE=Y2K000;2167272]But I like the site I bought from due to it having genuine media that I like which is TY. Never bought from rima or heard about it.[/QUOTE]

First of all, don’t worry about AllMediaOutlet. They’ll be back online by 9am EST on Monday, which is today. It was a holiday weekend, remember? This always happens to various sites, when sysadmins and just about everyone else is unavailable for several days at a time. I’ve seen this happen many times before, a company shuts down, everyone, including the techs go home, the site crashes, and no one is around to fix it, nor do they care, until works starts again after the holiday.

Rima is the best known and most respected consumer-level distributor of Taiyo Yuden media amongst media geeks. The only outfit that comes close to them are higher up the food chain, like the mega-distributor Microboards, which only sells to businesses, and where distributors like Rima get their media.

After those two, some other places that carry genuine TY media would be:

SuperMediaStore
Meritline
Genesys DTP
Shop4Tech
Media Supply

Well does that Mean Allmedia does not carry genuine TY media? I bought many times and I tested them on my machine with tools that say it is genuine. Or could I be wrong?

[quote=negritude;2167479]…AllMediaOutlet. They’ll be back online by 9am EST on Monday…[/quote]No, they aren’t.[quote=negritude;2167479]This always happens to various sites…[/quote]No, it doesn’t.

[QUOTE=Y2K000;2167532]Well does that Mean Allmedia does not carry genuine TY media?[/QUOTE]

I don’t understand where you drew that conclusion from. I, nor anyone else said anything about that. AllMediaOutlet carries genuine TY media, it just isn’t as well known or used among media experts, for whatever reason. That has absolutely nothing to do with the legitimacy of the product they carry.

[QUOTE=Steve83;2167590]No, they aren’t.No, it doesn’t.[/QUOTE]

1. Fair enough. If the site is still down, then the problem could be more serious.

2. Yes, it does. I and many others have witnessed the phenomenon firsthand numerous times over many years. :rolleyes:

1. Saying that “it OFTEN happens to various sites” would be a stretch. But saying “it ALWAYS happens…” just ain’t true. It OCCASIONALLY happens to various sites.

[QUOTE=Steve83;2168832]2. Saying that “it OFTEN happens to various sites” would be a stretch. But saying “it ALWAYS happens…” just ain’t true. It OCCASIONALLY happens to various sites.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see, then let me rephrase:

“Just about every major holiday weekend, SOME site will go down and not come back up until the following business day. Often, it will be a site involved in ecommerce. I’ve personally witnessed this happen so frequently, on sites that I was personally trying to shop on, that it doesn’t feel as random as it actually is. Because of this PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I don’t get upset about a web site being down over a holiday weekend, and don’t consider that there is a real problem occurring until I know whether the site is up by the first business day. But that’s just my personal opinion and observations, nothing scientific.”

Better?

Yo y2k000-

If you research AllMediaOutlet and Rima on www.resellerratings.com - you will [I]clearly[/I] see why we recommend Rima to our members-eh!!

Just my 2 cents I have buying TYs from supermediastore.com for years now and have never had a problem!! I would recommend them for anyone!

Bump. What the hell happened to that lovely store? I need a new CD Wallet too.

[QUOTE=jdub;2240324]Bump. What the hell happened to that lovely store?[/QUOTE]

They went out of business and their assets were bought up. I called the AllMediaOutlet toll-free number (877-934-7146) and reached the new company. Unfortunately, they don’t do internet sales anymore.

So, it’s over. AllMediaOutlet is no more.

Dammit all to hell. I knew their prices for cd-wallets were too low to be profitable.