Dodge employee pricing/last 2 days

Dodge in on its last two days for employee pricing:iagree: and a $2500:cool: rebate for some models. I was crazy and bought a leather 4.0 Grand caravan for $25342 with 0% financlng. Listed for 31780 on the sticker. I even got them to pay most of the fees, tags, registration, and stuff:cool:. Out the door for $28795. I bought an independent warranty that I can cancel later just incase.
I am a Honda Hybrid person (4 in the family) but was really impressed with the higher end Dodge product. This will go to one of my children when I break it in. They have tons of kids. LOL
I would not have done this except my daughter had me looking for her a VAN.:a

:DOh. I forgot. It has CD player so this is ok for a CD freaks thread. LOL

Yeah, but given the fact that the company might not last the year kinda puts a damper on things. It’s all fun and games until you need parts/service for a make and model that no longer exists. :eek:

My most worst vehicle was Dodge Durango 89 ( bought Brand New )
spent lots of time and lots of fight also many trouble
After 3 year engine died ( little over 35.000 mile ) :a

I love my chevy and Acura [B]0% problem last 6 year[/B]

We have 5 total Dodge Vans in zee extended family and no other Dodge products in zee family so I can not speak for other Dodge products. The Vans are awesome.

Now the warranty issue is very important and I bought a warranty from a reliable company as a back up that I can cancel if needed.

Obama will not let the big 3 disolve in chapter 7. He may allow a limited government backed chapter 11. Maybe! Most likely it will be a reorg/merger under the government oversight and backing ( back together again as in before the 1930’s depression). GM was a monster company before 1930. Steel mills, coal mines, railways, and several car makes and parts companies that are now separate.
Who knows.

But the good news is warrantys are contracts under chapter 11 and have prefered status under the law as well as a good business practice for anyone continuing in business.

Just thoughts and I could be wrong folks. But I voted with my pocket book and bought a quality American product from an American company. OK, I do have a Honda Hybrid that I drive to work and love the quality that Honda brings to the table folks. But this van and many others rocks for those who need a hauler that can haul. LOL 4.0 with leather and 6 speed. Both Daimler Benz designed and built with chipmonks.

Chrysler and GM will continue if forced into bankruptcy they already have plans ready just in case and there will always be replacement parts by independent sources, so go out n get a excellent deal while the automakers are desperate for business. Yes burnsama, Durango’s and Neon’s were :Z. I have a 2004 Dodge Stratus R/T with no problems purchased in Dec. 2003 also the Chargers and vans are reliable. I have owned Dodge cars most of my life the only seroius problems were from an Intrepid made in Mexico.

Yo-

My last Dodge was a 1957 Dodge D500 - paid $900 in 1962 and it was a POS that needed constant repairs-eh!!

Up to 6 my daughter just bought one. I hope they stay in business a long time.

PS/ I was an Automotive Technology Instructor before 911 (one of 5 degrees). A different kind of mechanic now. LOL

I test drove at least 8 different engine, tranny, body combos and checked under the hood before I leaped. I hope I was right! LOL

[quote=bigmike7;2229472]Yo-

My last Dodge was a 1957 Dodge D500 - paid $900 in 1962 and it was a POS that needed constant repairs-eh!![/quote]
:bigsmile: your first car? mine was a 72 Chevy Vega once a week you put $1.00 in the gas tank and 4 quarts of oil in the engine.

49 Ford Businessmans Coupe was my first car, cost 65.00 in 1961, and only had 20,000 mile on it, straight 6. Great car.:wink:

My first car was a 1962 Chevrolet Chevy II 2 door sedan, 194 straight 6, 3-on-the-tree manual. Brings back lots of memories since I drove it all through college as my daily driver.

She’s still sitting in my garage today HA! Started her up a few days ago, and she’s still purring like new. :slight_smile: I always get people rolling down their windows saying, “I like your car!” at intersections when I take her out for a spin.

Yo-

Very first car was a 1935 LaSalle with straight eight and 30,000 miles - I bought at 13 years old for $35 and sold for $60 a couple of years latter-

First legal driver was a 1951 Plymouth 2 door coupe from a friend for $125. :bigsmile:

My first was a 66 Rambler with a straight six. Cost me $200.00 and ran like a top. It was the perfect drive in machine because you could recline the front seats all the way back flat
with the rear seats. Lots of memories.
budzos

[QUOTE=budzos;2229924]My first was a 66 Rambler with a straight six. Cost me $200.00 and ran like a top. It was the perfect drive in machine because you could recline the front seats all the way back flat
with the rear seats. Lots of memories.
budzos[/QUOTE]

Would that have been the model with the metal dash that was hot enough to light a cigarette in the summer (and the push button transmission). :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2229930]Would that have been the model with the metal dash that was hot enough to light a cigarette in the summer (and the push button transmission). :)[/QUOTE]

It had the metal dash but I didn’t have the pushbutton tranny. It was warm in the summer but bearable with all 4 windows down.
budzos

[quote=bigmike7;2229472]Yo-

My last Dodge was a 1957 Dodge D500 - paid $900 in 1962 and it was a POS that needed constant repairs-eh!![/quote]
And that car would be worth big bucks now too. did it have the dual quad 392 or the warmed up 318 y block in it?
I’d bet it needed constant attention to keep the valves and carbs adjusted.
My first car was a 42 Ford Army Jeep, second was a 41 half ton Power wagon pickup, third is my 69 Dart I still have today.
I actually drive a 95 Neon now and it’s been a pretty good car so far for me, was my lil sisters before hand and she bought it new. 155k and still going strong. Biggest issue so far was the water pump going out and being a bear to replace so I did it and the timing belt whilest it was apart. Old belt was still fine but…

Great memories everyone,

My first car was a '54 chevy bel air…had the 115 hp Blue-Flame 6 cylinder.
Awesome car.
The engine was so quiet that at a stoplight, you’d think you stalled.
The vacuum wipers were a PITA…lol

[QUOTE=maineman;2229971]The vacuum wipers were a PITA…lol[/QUOTE]:bigsmile: yup

1961 Chevy Bel Air! I sowed tiger cloth into the stained headliner. LOL