Do You Use The Smilie Buttons

Do you use the smilie buttons?

I’ve been here bout 5 months and have never written the smilies, always clicked on them. What do YOU do?

If I know the hotkeys for it, I use it. If not, I click it.

I always click on them it’s much faster then typing.

Originally posted by Namoh
I always click on them it’s much faster then typing.

It really depends on if you can touch-type. I can type the ‘:p’, ‘:)’, ‘:(’ and ‘:a’ faster than moving my hand to the mouse, scrolling with the wheel (if needed) and finding it.

I used to use ms messenger alot, so now :slight_smile: :frowning: and :wink: all come naturally.
However sometimes it’s easier to use the icons to insert things like :bigsmile: cos to type it is huge.
Also if you use the button, then it just puts it at the end of the post , rather than where you last editted and actually want the smiley. :stuck_out_tongue: That’s just annoying, what with my typing accent and all :stuck_out_tongue:

I write :), ;), :stuck_out_tongue: and :smiley: but click :iagree: :bigsmile: :cool: :sad: :eek: :confused:

Originally posted by Airhead
I write :), ;), :stuck_out_tongue: and :smiley: but click :iagree: :bigsmile: :cool: :sad: :eek: :confused:

Apparently, Airhead uses only a little more than half the smilies. :stuck_out_tongue: (typed this one out) Do you ever use the other seven smilies? [:o :rolleyes: :frowning: :Z :a :cop: :bow:] (clicked on these)

As for myself, I would say that, for the more part, I tend to click on the smilies. :iagree: … including that one. :stuck_out_tongue:

No :slight_smile: I just type them :smiley:

I always click on the smilies.:slight_smile: :bigsmile: :o :smiley: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :cool: :rolleyes: :frowning: :eek: :confused: :Z :a :cop: :bow: :sad: :iagree:

Originally posted by EFloUVA
Apparently, Airhead uses only a little more than half the smilies. :stuck_out_tongue: (typed this one out) Do you ever use the other seven smilies? [:o :rolleyes: :frowning: :Z :a :cop: :bow:] (clicked on these)
I use :cop: sometimes for obvious reasons (it makes me cool :D) but I very rarely use :rolleyes: because I dont find it practical in most cases. I dont like the :a and neither the :frowning: so I prefer the :sad: or :Z

I’m just typing this :slight_smile: and clicking them :bigsmile: :smiley: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :confused: :bow: :sad: :iagree: because I’m so slow in typing :sad:
never used the others:)

:slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :wink: :frowning: <---- type

Rest click.