Do you use drugs?

vbimport

OK, after the do you smoke thread, I thought it was time for something different :wink:

My question do you or did you do drugs? In this case I’d like to skip alcohol, while it might be considered as addictive and bad for your health as many other drugs, it’s more socially accepted, and a very suitable topic for another thread, because I think many of you might have their favorite drinks.

I’m talking about things like marijuana, cocaine, heroin, LSD, crack, XTC, GHB, ketamine, amphetamine etc. etc.

I’ve never used any drugs, but I was inspired today because my doctor just subscribed me codeine for coughing, when I take it, it usually gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that isn’t too bad, so maybe that would be close to being ‘high’.

I’ve also had strong painkillers (Tramadol, opioid) and a muscle relaxant (Valium, benzodiazepine) which I know some people also use recreational.

While I understand that people might use it to relax as it gives you a relaxed feeling, the hangover I get from all of the above medicines rule recreational or abuse of these medicines out for me.

While I’m curious about what some drugs do with you, I never felt like taking it. The fact that most are illegal and that you usually buy it from shady people with no real quality control scares me and also the fact that drugs might be addictive.

I know there are people who can use it like alcohol and have lots of fun with it but I’m not that kinda guy :wink:

Tried marijuana once way back in 1974 while stationed in Germany, did not like it and never tried it again.
Gave me a bad headache.

Well been there done that, 40 year ago I tried everything that was out there and I think I’m paying for it now as it has caused my parkinson disease .I love doing the drugs ,I smoked for 40 some of those years and don’t see any difference in alcohol drinking and smoking, but the other drugs are addictive or habit forming.And with my history doctors are reluctant to prescribe me pain killers.I have to take 11 pills a day to control my shaking,that’s every day and cannot not take them because of the withdrawal.
This is one of the cases in point should you try drugs , in moderation I think it’s fine but it feels so good to an addict they don’t want to quit.The drugs I take for Parkinson feeds the gland in the back of the head that gives you that pleasure feeling,if I don’t feed the gland it affects my nerve system and I shake. I’m not a doctor to explain it right but do you say is it worth it,I don’t know what to say It felt great at the time.( just one guys story,haven’t done any rec drugs in 20 years)

I shouldn’t of added my two cents my case is the extreme side of drug abuse, I was raised during the drug craze era .

When I was between 27 and 36,I sometimes used amphetamines to get the job done easier…:o
Nothing to be proud of,but it worked…

Hi, My name is ~Jethro~
I am an addict, I have been using MYCE since it was called CDFreaks. I am not proud of this, just being honest. So all you out there that think “Oh, I only needed one question answered”, beware. Some are hooked so bad the have to go to the “catbox” more than once a day! And they never even have a question.

[QUOTE=bean55;2701669]… back in 1974 while stationed in Germany, did not like it and never tried it again.
Gave me a bad headache.[/QUOTE]

<–lived in Germany 15 years…still doesn´t like it :wink:

Things like alcohol and drugs are either distractions or irritations except when used as medicine or in surgeries.

Being a sufferer of extreme Tinnitus, I can say, Thank God for marijuana. Many Tinnitus sufferers also suffer extreme insomnia because of it. I don’t. :wink:

There’s a big debate if medical marijuana is good or bad,but ask anyone that use’s it say it’s worst the risk.
http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/

I take loads of drugs!
Antispasmodics, Paracetamol, loperamide Sumatriptan injections, omeprozole, Omnic/flowmax and a steroid lotion to stop the psoriasis in my hair. I have a form of motor neurone disease that’s long and slow to kill. This causes muscle wasting, severe tinnitus, nystagmus (an eye flicker seen in some blind people) bowl and bladder problems, aching joints, and bad balance and just plain getting old for some of the problems The injections are for severe migraines. I’ll let you work out what the rest is for. I fall over a lot causing loads of other damage. My shoulder was badly damaged falling and guess what, the repair was bodged up!
I tried Tramadol, that made me sick and I’ve tried grass, then I just didn’t care what hurt, but it also made me sick. (I don’t smoke)
So yeah, I take drugs for a reason, I really wish didn’t have to.
Don’t feel bad for me, apart from ATOS trying to say I’m fit for work, I manage with help from my wife and friends. Any non prescribed drugs, no thanks, I have enough now. I’m really quite happy compared to some people that are healthy.
marloyd, I’m sorry to hear you have Parkinsons, I would have never guessed, you’re so much fun.

I’ve never done drugs of any type and I’m even reluctant to take things prescribed by a doctor unless I really have to.

Life is short enough, and expensive enough, as it is without risking making it any shorter/dearer. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

These are my only drugs

Never taken any illegal drugs and never will unless there is a medical indication that requires it.

[QUOTE=voxsmart;2701780]I take loads of drugs!
Antispasmodics, Paracetamol, loperamide Sumatriptan injections, omeprozole, Omnic/flowmax and a steroid lotion to stop the psoriasis in my hair. I have a form of motor neurone disease that’s long and slow to kill. This causes muscle wasting, severe tinnitus, nystagmus (an eye flicker seen in some blind people) bowl and bladder problems, aching joints, and bad balance and just plain getting old for some of the problems The injections are for severe migraines. I’ll let you work out what the rest is for. I fall over a lot causing loads of other damage. My shoulder was badly damaged falling and guess what, the repair was bodged up!
I tried Tramadol, that made me sick and I’ve tried grass, then I just didn’t care what hurt, but it also made me sick. (I don’t smoke)
So yeah, I take drugs for a reason, I really wish didn’t have to.
Don’t feel bad for me, apart from ATOS trying to say I’m fit for work, I manage with help from my wife and friends. Any non prescribed drugs, no thanks, I have enough now. I’m really quite happy compared to some people that are healthy.
marloyd, I’m sorry to hear you have Parkinsons, I would have never guessed, you’re so much fun.[/QUOTE]

Voxsmart I’ve been lucky so I make the best of it,I drag my feet sometime ,broke a toe from not picking them up when going up stairs. my balance is bad so I got to think when ever I do stuff, like pick em up.But it could be worse ,I feel lucky to wake in the mornin’gonna be a good day .If I hurt I know I’m alive.

Tried speed once. Didn’t end very well for me

Nothing recreational.

Although a few years ago I was at a “big day out” concert and copped a huge dose of second hand marijuana smoke. All four concert stadiums had air so thick you could carve it, and there was no refuge from it anywhere, unless you left the event entirely, and due to the event being grossly over sold, you’d never get back in again to see the bands you went there for.

It just gave me a shocking headache. No fun at all.

Debro you didn’t breathe deep enough,just kidding.

For me currently & for a long time asprin or Acetaminophen but only if aspirin might cause a bleeding problem like after a tooth extraction.
I have the dentist prescribe Tylenol3 . It has codene but I only took 2 out of twenty & I had about the same still left in a ten year old prescription.
I do take some OTC vitamins but probably not as regularly as I should .

I drink beer very moderately . I just finished a 12 pack I bought about 2 months ago & I shared some of those.

For my younger days I never did acid or heroine .
I don’t want to make any admissions so I will leave anything else undisclosed.

My opinion on marajuana is it is addictive for some people .
If you don’t beleive this make a list of all the heavy marajuana smokers that you have known that have completely quit.
On the other hand I think medical marajuana for those that have a real medical condition it helps . It should be used like any medicine.

I would like to see marajuana legalized. This is my reason:
It takes drug dealers out of the mix. This means a first step purchase from a drug dealer is bigger because it would be for a harder drug. There are some that would never get to that step except the drug dealer sells or has a source for both marajuana & harder drugs. They don’t call them pushers for no reason. The more drugs they sell the more money they make.

I also want to bring this up . Most of the busts you see on the news are BS in a way.
Do you reall think that marajuana & other drugs come into the US 100 to 300 pounds of marajuana at a time ?
Those are just the low level smugglers that the law catches to look like they are doing something.
The semitrucks pass right on through just like they are supposed to.
Big money is behind this so the law leaves it alone.
The same for shipping containers.
Think about the quantity of drugs used in one day in the US.
[B]How many thousand pounds would that be ?[/B]

Other countries have some of the same problems but I know less about them.
So It’s not just the US.
But it’s not all coming in in a car trunk or shoved up someone’s ass.

[QUOTE=marloyd;2701808]I feel lucky to wake in the mornin’gonna be a good day .If I hurt I know I’m alive.[/QUOTE]

Us humans can be strange marloyd, I agree being in constant pain does make me realise I’m still alive, although some mornings I wish I hadn’t woken up, if I ever managed to get to sleep in the first place. Of course I get prescribed sleeping meds. NO
THANKS, enough is enough.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2701803]These are my only drugs

[/QUOTE]

If you eat plenty of those it will give you muscles! :stuck_out_tongue:

[B]Wombler[/B]