Do you think all Europeans know the German language?

vbimport

:flower:Hello, guys, let me start the thread, Do you think all Europeans know the German language?:cool: Feel free to leave comments and let me know the truth.:bow:

Simple answer : No
I bet that is correct.
I’m a Texan multiple generation. US citizen also.
There are communities in Texas that still speak some German.
I think less now than they used to.

[QUOTE=cholla;2735424]Simple answer : No
I bet that is correct.
I’m a Texan multiple generation. US citizen also.
There are communities in Texas that still speak some German.
I think less now than they used to.[/QUOTE]

:bow: Thanks to your reply. I just want to know how many of them can read German, if we provide German website.:flower:

[QUOTE=johnson876;2735423]:flower:Hello, guys, let me start the thread, Do you think all Europeans know the German language?:cool: Feel free to leave comments and let me know the truth.:bow:[/QUOTE]

NO, most EU citizens probably speak English.

[QUOTE=vroom;2735428]NO, most EU citizens probably speak English.[/QUOTE]

True…:iagree:
When I’m on a German webpage,I get the meaning of the articles,but only for about 70- 75% of what’s written… and only when it’s not filled with real technical terms…:o

[QUOTE=roadworker;2735430]When I’m on a German webpage,I get the meaning of the articles,but only for about 70- 75% of what’s written… and only when it’s not filled with real technical terms…:o[/QUOTE] You need to scroll to the bottom of the webpage to get the meaning, since Germans put all their verbs at the end. :smiley:

In Denmark we’re taught German in school, but in general only Danes living in the part of Denmark close to Germany can carry a conversation in German (and I’m not one of them).

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2735434]You need to scroll to the bottom of the webpage to get the meaning, since Germans put all their verbs at the end. :smiley:

In Denmark we’re taught German in school, but in general only Danes living in the part of Denmark close to Germany can carry a conversation in German (and I’m not one of them).[/QUOTE]

:clap: Thanks to your reply:clap:. According to your reply, i believe all neighbors of Germany may understand some German words.:bow:

[QUOTE=johnson876;2735441]i believe all neighbors of Germany may understand some German words.:bow:[/QUOTE]

Genau…das ist richtig…:bigsmile::wink:

Before I give my opinion I want everyone to understand I have only been to Germany once and that was in 2003, when I was there I found that a very large number of people from surrounding country’s spoke German very well, and like English in the USA, I believe its almost a necessity to speak German in Europe, but I may be wrong, being bilingual make a person much more valuable to any employer, [B]so it is my personal opinion[/B] that there are a lot of people that speak German in Europe. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2735447]Before I give my opinion I want everyone to understand I have only been to Germany once and that was in 2003, when I was there I found that a very large number of people from surrounding country’s spoke German very well, and like English in the USA, I believe its almost a necessity to speak German in Europe, but I may be wrong, being bilingual make a person much more valuable to any employer, [B]so it is my personal opinion[/B] that there are a lot of people that speak German in Europe. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
:bigsmile:Thank you very much Alan. We will try to establish German website to benefit more users.:clap::bow:

From the posts made it would seem Europeans speak German better than they can read it . Reading German is what they will do on a web page .

How about Esperanto ? Do all Europeans learn that ?

Now on my soap box about here in the USA .
We have bilingual education but it is only one direction .
Hispanic children in the Texas school system can get additional help to learn English .
I can just imagine the response to anglo-saxon parents wanting an equivalent bilingual class for their children . This certainly isn’t done here putting those children at a disadvantage when an employer wants a bilingual employee . Those parents don’t pay less school taxes & many time actually pay more.
I’m talking about this starting in kindergarten for the Hispanic children.
English only speaking children have to wait to High School to take foreign language classes . That doesn’t work nearly as well. Even then they are correct Spanish & not that good . I know because I took a year of high school Spanish .
What English only speaking children need here to get a bilingual job is local Mexican taught to them early also. I don’t see that happening.
Local Mexican is Spanish but only sort of . It also had English , altered English , & Native American Indian from both South & North of the US/Mexico border mixed together. There is also “slang” beyond that.
Back off the soap box.
Some of the above probably applies to all Europeans being taught German . Their own countries language affecting the German dialect they learn.

[QUOTE=cholla;2735454]How about Esperanto ? Do all Europeans learn that ?[/QUOTE] Most Europeans can speak and write fluent Esperanto 2-3 months before we’re born; we learn it right after 11-dimensional string quantum black hole theory. :iagree: :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2735457]Most Europeans can speak and write fluent Esperanto 2-3 months before we’re born; we learn it right after 11-dimensional string quantum black hole theory. :iagree: :p[/QUOTE]

Is that the new “Rosetta Stone” that has this feature ? :wink: :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2735457]Most Europeans can speak and write fluent Esperanto 2-3 months before we’re born; we learn it right after 11-dimensional string quantum black hole theory. :iagree: :p[/QUOTE]

:bow::bow:Thank you very much for your kind reply.:flower: So we believe its nice to establish international website with different languages.:bigsmile: It takes time to do this.

I suggest you make it work with google translate .
I don’t know if anything extra has to be done to accomplish that.
Just a suggestion if it does.
This is especially important if you plan to have a forum in multi-languages.
I would need translate to read a post made in German.

[QUOTE=cholla;2735584]I suggest you make it work with google translate .
I don’t know if anything extra has to be done to accomplish that.
Just a suggestion if it does.
This is especially important if you plan to have a forum in multi-languages.
I would need translate to read a post made in German.[/QUOTE]

:flower:Thank you very much for your suggestion. We have considered to adding google translation, but you know the google translation might not be readable sometimes. We will try to spend sometime to make better German translation for users. Anyway, great thanks to your suggestion:bow:

[QUOTE=johnson876;2735585]:flower:Thank you very much for your suggestion. We have considered to adding google translation, but you know the google translation might not be readable sometimes. We will try to spend sometime to make better German translation for users. Anyway, great thanks to your suggestion:bow:[/QUOTE]
Here is a good slogan for your Esperanto Forum
[B]Ĉiuj homoj estas denaske liberaj kaj egalaj laŭ digno kaj rajtoj. Ili posedas racion kaj konsciencon, kaj devus konduti unu la alian en spirito de frateco.[/B]

[QUOTE=alan1476;2735587]Here is a good slogan for your Esperanto Forum
[B]Ĉiuj homoj estas denaske liberaj kaj egalaj laŭ digno kaj rajtoj. Ili posedas racion kaj konsciencon, kaj devus konduti unu la alian en spirito de frateco.[/B][/QUOTE]

:flower:Totally agree. We ensure the equality of everyone and always try our best to solve all problems they meet.:bigsmile: :wink: We all like good products and happy life. TDMore Software aims to provide good products and make users happy. Time will prove this. We believe people may see what we do in future.:bigsmile:

Warten wir auf die deutsche Website! :):slight_smile:

pfff. LOL.