Do you know how to delete temporary files in CloneDVD 2?

vbimport

Do you know how to get rid of temporary files in CloneDVD2?

Whenever I try to burn a DVD, I get a message saying that there’s not enough space and to delete some files to make enough space. It used to never say this.

I deleted all Windows Vista temp files, then I went online and found out via keywords “delete temporary files Clone DVD” that that doesn’t work. I am hoping someone can tell me where to find the place to delete CloneDVD 2’s files. I found this post below, but it doesn’t explain how to get to My Documents/CloneDVD. If I have to delete the “RIPPED FILES,” he didn’t explain that either. Thanks again. Chris

CloneDVD only deletes its own temp files, by default in My Documents\CloneDVD. You also have to delete the RIPPED files. Your ripping program will tell you where it has placed them.

When you search your drive for files, the correct way is the second method you used. A computer doesn’t have any idea what a “Clone DVD Temp Files” is, and if it’s not a part of any filename you won’t get any results.

I think I figured it out. I want to let everyone know so no one busts their chops. I’ve been clicking on stuff for four hours, so I got I got it via the law of averages.

Ok in start menu on computer click on comptuter or my computer. Double click the c drive, double click users, double click your user account, double click documents, then you should be able to so clonedvdtemp, double click then delete the ts folder. Also in clonedvd2 before you burn make sure you have delete temp files checked. EDIT: Good to hear you figured it out

[QUOTE=GJ;2149217]Ok in start menu on computer click on comptuter or my computer. Double click the c drive, double click users, double click your user account, double click documents, then you should be able to so clonedvdtemp, double click then delete the ts folder. Also in clonedvd2 before you burn make sure you have delete temp files checked. EDIT: Good to hear you figured it out[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Even if the way I tried it works (I’ll find out in about twenty minutes if it does), I will do this.

[QUOTE=GJ;2149217]Ok in start menu on computer click on comptuter or my computer. Double click the c drive, double click users, double click your user account, double click documents, then you should be able to so clonedvdtemp, double click then delete the ts folder. Also in clonedvd2 before you burn make sure you have delete temp files checked. EDIT: Good to hear you figured it out[/QUOTE]

Hi, I clicked on Computer, double-clicked on the C drive, erased the CloneDVD temp files and it still says there’s not enough disc space. I’ve done this a lot and turn the computer off and turn it back on.

Should I delete CloneDVD and then download it all over again? I’m guessing that SlySoft will have my cookies saved and so they won’t ask me to buy it all over again?

I might have fixed this problem last week by copying a DVD that was only one second long, unless I’m misremembering. I don’t have that DVD anymore though.

should i delete clonedvd and then download it all over again? I’m guessing that slysoft will have my cookies saved and so they won’t ask me to buy it all over again?

don’t do this - ever

Always make certain you save you serial number. Save it to media (CD, DVD, floppy &/or USB stick). Or, print it out.

The screenshot is form the Slysoft website.

[quote=Gaule7147;2149261]Hi, I clicked on Computer, double-clicked on the C drive, erased the CloneDVD temp files and it still says there’s not enough disc space. I’ve done this a lot and turn the computer off and turn it back on.

Should I delete CloneDVD and then download it all over again? I’m guessing that SlySoft will have my cookies saved and so they won’t ask me to buy it all over again?

I might have fixed this problem last week by copying a DVD that was only one second long, unless I’m misremembering. I don’t have that DVD anymore though.[/quote]
You never did tell us how much disc space you have left on your c drive.

there is a nice freeware program called tree size free, which can tell you how your drive space is being used up. just click the scan menu and select the drive you want to scan.
http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/index.shtml

[QUOTE=GJ;2149271]You never did tell us how much disc space you have left on your c drive.[/QUOTE]

Drive space says 32.3 GB free of 66.4 GB.

I don’t think it’ll work again, so do you know if there’s some other software for DVD movies that works with AnyDVD where you can record individual chapters? Like if you want to record just three out of six episodes of a Curb Your Enthusiasm DVD? Even if it costs money to download.

Also, isn’t there one where if a movie is like three hours, you can record two hours on one disc and make a message that says something like insert part two or second disc or something like that?

I have DVD Shrink 3.2, but it sometimes makes a 2-hour movie four hours for some strange reason and there’s not enough space on a blank DVD for four hours. If my memory serves, sometimes it can’t even shrink down a 3-something-hour movie.

[QUOTE=troy512;2149275]there is a nice freeware program called tree size free, which can tell you how your drive space is being used up. just click the scan menu and select the drive you want to scan.
http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/index.shtml[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I’ll try to see if I can do this later, I need a power-nap first.

[quote=Gaule7147;2149322]Drive space says 32.3 GB free of 66.4 GB.

I don’t think it’ll work again, so do you know if there’s some other software for DVD movies that works with AnyDVD where you can record individual chapters? Like if you want to record just three out of six episodes of a Curb Your Enthusiasm DVD? Even if it costs money to download.

Also, isn’t there one where if a movie is like three hours, you can record two hours on one disc and make a message that says something like insert part two or second disc or something like that?

I have DVD Shrink 3.2, but it sometimes makes a 2-hour movie four hours for some strange reason and there’s not enough space on a blank DVD for four hours. If my memory serves, sometimes it can’t even shrink down a 3-something-hour movie.[/quote]
You can give dvdnextcopy a try as it works with anydvd and you get a 3 day free trial to see how it works. Also dvdfab is a good program too and has a 30 day free trial and does not need anydvd as it works without it. But I would post your problem in the slysoft forum to get your problem with clonedvd2 fixed as more people are there who can help you better with that program. But give dvdnextcopy and dvdfab a try as I said they have free trials for testing and are really good programs to have. I have them all and use them very frequently.

[QUOTE=GJ;2149346]You can give dvdnextcopy a try as it works with anydvd and you get a 3 day free trial to see how it works. Also dvdfab is a good program too and has a 30 day free trial and does not need anydvd as it works without it. But I would post your problem in the slysoft forum to get your problem with clonedvd2 fixed as more people are there who can help you better with that program. But give dvdnextcopy and dvdfab a try as I said they have free trials for testing and are really good programs to have. I have them all and use them very frequently.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered DVDNextCopy; the one that comes in a box with CDs and DVDs. Thanks for helping me.

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2149265]don’t do this - ever

Always make certain you save you serial number. Save it to media (CD, DVD, floppy &/or USB stick). Or, print it out.

The screenshot is form the Slysoft website.[/QUOTE]

I have the licence number saved all those ways. I meant as a last resort, I was toying with the idea of uninstalling the program, since it’s likely I would not be able to figure out how to reinstall it.

It easy to uninstall it. Go to programs uninstall clonedvd2 then restart. redownload from the webpage and install restart. then open clonedvd2 and enter your registration key or double click the key with clonedvd2 closed.

[QUOTE=GJ;2149439]It easy to uninstall it. Go to programs uninstall clonedvd2 then restart. redownload from the webpage and install restart. then open clonedvd2 and enter your registration key or double click the key with clonedvd2 closed.[/QUOTE]

I made copies with CloneDVD in a very stange way. DVDNextCopy saves files named after my user name, so I typed in my user name “Chris” in CloneDVD where it says “temporary directory for video files” and it changed it to “C:/Users/Chris” and it’s been working ever since. It’s a little harder to do, but I tried it twice and it worked.