Do you have your Christmas tree up?

vbimport

I just put ONE up this Sunday…i’m just not in the mood this year…usually each room gets a tree and complete makeover…not this year…

I hate christmas trees. I think they are a total waste of money and energy. But the missus adores them, so i guess we’ll have one within a few weeks.

In Norway the tradition is to put it up on the 23rd. In our house we get a live tree, usually spruce, and let the kids put all the stuff on it. I usually help them scatter it somewhat evenly so it doesn’t tip over and all.

Regards,

Ours will probably go up at the weekend.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Tweakr;2711654]In Norway the tradition is to put it up on the 23rd. In our house we get a live tree, usually spruce, and let the kids put all the stuff on it. I usually help them scatter it somewhat evenly so it doesn’t tip over and all.

Regards,[/QUOTE]

I didn’t know this. …nice

S_S, and so did we. :iagree:
Here up in the north, with all the dark mornings/ afternoons it’s nice coming home after work to something bright and nice.

Our Christmas tree is all plastic, but do we really care!
I hate all the creeps and bugs from a “real” fir tree. :wink:

[I]Edit.[/I] @S_S, why not “this year”…?

Well Santa knows what I want under it…there’s enough room for him under there !

If we do one this year, it will be a little 2 foot fake tree. We will be spending most of the time at other family member’s homes, so why go through all the hassle of a big production? As a kid, I loved it but now it is a chore more than anything else. That and the mrs is due in January, so she’s not exactly feeling like going the extra mile for a seasonal decoration.

I used to buy a huge real pine Christmas tree when I had a little kid. Now he’s 33 years old, no kids of his own and I don’t bother any more. Apart from that, I’ve nowhere to put it.
HUMBUG! I suppose a plastic tree is OK now as Christmas (Xmas) is now plastic if you see my meaning. The money I would have spent on a tree now goes to the homeless charities plus a little extra in the hope they get a good meal and maybe a nice tree to enjoy.
My favourite film is A Christmas carol, not because I hate Christmas, I hate what it’s become.
Unfortunately the Scrooge story cannot work very well in modern society, as the economy has changed so much and there are just [U]too[/U] [U]many[/U] people all chasing the cash
It’s a real shame this is the way things are, I always well up when Scrooge realises how important other people are, not just at Christmas. (Us atheists have a heart as well)

The answer is Red Cross, red crest or any of the other NGO’s.

Why spend all your money for “your/ your families really not needed plessures. [Christmas presents]”. Recycle your Shristmas tree, your box pappers… and spare the planet, making this World to a better place.

BTW. Living in all day night country I have to use a lot off electrics to make my life substainable. Not mentioning my Ducati drives at strip…

One billion living to gooood. SIX billions starving. Is this fair?

It occurs to me, that if one gets a tree too early, it will be dead by Christmas. Of course I wouldn’t know: in my family, there’s a tradition of getting one at the very last minute (Christmas ever, 6:00 pm… ish)!

Our tree might not go up since we’re not hosting xmas this year… but we’ve been using a 6 ft fake tree for a while. It saves a lot of money and work and you can’t really tell it’s fake unless you’re up close. The plastic bristles do fall off so it’ll have to be replaced eventually but it could go another several years.

All decorating in our house is due to my wife’s efforts. Here is her rendition of the Christmas tree this year:

[QUOTE=UTR;2712074]All decorating in our house is due to my wife’s efforts. Here is her rendition of the Christmas tree this year:

[/QUOTE]

Love it!!!

Haven’t done a tree in years. One year the garbage company here charged us for a tree that was around my can that I didn’t put there so I deducted the extra charges from the bill. They weren’t very happy and suggested I pay and get the money from whatever neighbor put it out there…:rolleyes: I said NO!, I saw the tree when we went to get our can and it wasn’t mine so I’m not paying…
Eventually she gave up and said fine but from now on you have to call first before putting out extra things to which I happily agreed.
I Like them but I think it’s a waste of a live tree too, then I have to get rid of it somehow seeing how we don’t have a fire place or burn pile to break it up and put it in. We MIGHT get a fake tree this year but we’ll see.

Local councils here in the UK, used to have a tree shredder in the waste dump. I don’t know if they still do it because of all the austerity cuts. The shreddings were used as mulch for the council gardens and rotted down it to compost. this was very useful as it was free and it did help get rid of the multitude of dead trees around the countryside.

I’ve seen some trees put in some weird places, one of them was jammed in to someone TV aerial! How the hell they got it up there beats me. Has anyone else got a tree in a strange place story?

@UTR your tree looks fantastic, congrats to your wife. :slight_smile:

My wife decided to go purple this year. :slight_smile:

Couldn’t get the colours quite right but you get the general idea looking at the pinker tones on the ceiling.

[B]Wombler[/B]

i love purple…looks good wombler !!

Seeing all these beautiful trees makes me want to put one up, if I only had the room. :frowning:

[QUOTE=Sexy_Southerner;2712075]Love it!!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sexy_Southerner;2712075] @UTR your tree looks fantastic, congrats to your wife. [/QUOTE]

Thanks. She is very talented and artistic. Every year it looks like Santa took a giant crap in our house. :smiley: