Do you have a cell phone and since when?

I used several Samsung PCS phones. The others, made by LG, Hyundai, and some other much smaller South Korean phone makers. Now I have LG LP-2100 PCS phone, with built-in digital camera. I wanted the newest Samsung or LG with 1.3 mega pixel camera but they were not available for my LG Telecom service. I’m LG Telecom user since 1998. My first mobile phone used Hansol, now part of Korea Telecom, in early 1998.

I’ve spent more on PCS than on car and transportation.

In South Korea, both cellular and PCS exist, the cell service monopolized by SK Telecom, an SK group company.

Originally posted by Donald_Duck
well it’s a bit tricky to both steer and shift gear while talking in the phone and keeping eyes on the road at the same time… but anything is possible with a bit of practise :bigsmile:

Holding a mobile while driving is not the issue.

The issue is that when you are having a discussion with someone that cannot see what condition you are driving in, they do not adapt the conversation to suit, hence you are concentrating more on the discussion and not with the task of driving which then takes your attention away from the road.

1 : Philips Diga. Simlock free , 1 year subscription Debitel. Cancelled subscription on date of purchase
1b : Got new prepaid sim card.
2 : Nokia 3210 + vibtrating function. Simlock Free , no subscription , just phone. Hacked firmware to unlock 2 more games.
3 : Siemens M35i. My bank had a nice deal. Save €500 on your savings account and get a Siemens phone free !

So … i withdrawed € 500. Put € 500 on it again , filled in the form and got my phone two weeks after. Bought a datacable (RS232 -> Siemens) , downloaded hacked firmware and flashed it simlock free. Put my prepaid sim card in it , changed logo to nice “Mr. Belvedere” text and the Bubble Bobble themesong as ringtone.

Still got that phone , though it’s battery is dying… i need a new one… hopefully as cheap as the this one :slight_smile:

Originally posted by debro
[B]Holding a mobile while driving is not the issue.

The issue is that when you are having a discussion with someone that cannot see what condition you are driving in, they do not adapt the conversation to suit, hence you are concentrating more on the discussion and not with the task of driving which then takes your attention away from the road. [/B]

Yeah I know (but it’s still difficult with manual gear shift)
And I never concentrate on any conversation anyway…

The three major South Korean companies, LG, Samsung, and Hyundai are all introducing 2 million (plus) pixel camera phone in May or June. All use external memory like conventional digital camera. 2 megapixel camera phones have already been on the Japanese market for some time. I like LG’s LP-3000 model with 1.3 megapixel camera and MP3 support, about US$300 in South Korea which is somewhat cheaper than Samsung’s similarly-featured model.

First a quite largish Ericsson (exterior antenna != good) sometime back in the previous millenia and then a Ericsson T65 (small and handy but slow and terrible mic.) and now a T230 (still waiting for the post to show up).