Do We Know Each Other?

vbimport

I mean, I’ve been around for a year or so… Others, like dansmug, have been around for 4 years. Someone has to be on the other end of the line.

Do we know anything about the other members? Let’s say we happen to meet some day. Would we know each other?

If someone of us gets sick and goes to hospital or even worse he dies, how would we found that out? We wouldn’t.

I personally know DanDaMan.

No one else on a personal level.

Eh, I find the internet to be very impersonal. I probably feel closest with the mods because we’re a smaller little community. Of course I would also miss (some of) the normal users if they got hurt, etc, but it’s like reading about things in the newpaper - if you don’t really know the person it means nothing to you. Maybe I should join the CDFreaks chat to get to know everyone better.

Unfortunatly I don’t know anyone from CDFreaks personally.

With one little comment: there’s no-one who knows that I’m Namoh here!!!

So maybe I know al off you personally, but I just don’t know that you visit CDFreaks under another name. So that’s why I voted: maybe.

I know a couple of you , since i saw them IRL (In Real Life) and i couldn’t come up with a better quote , than Bilbo Baggins :

I know half of you as well as I would like, and I like less than half of you as well as you deserve

I’ve seem some members of the CDF community in real life. Some others, I know a little bit about, because of some IRC sessions or information posted on the forum.

Most users I don’t know… but I guess that ain’t bad with more than 46000 users…

I’ve met Huzzy (he’s about 8’ 10" and drives a subaru wrx with a rear wing the size of a jumbo) and I’ll be meeting philamber later this year. I think I’ll really like phil (already do) because he smokes and drinks cold chardonay, just like me :slight_smile: We’ll see about loose women and gambling when we catch up :stuck_out_tongue:

My will envelope has a list of forums, log-ins and passes. I’d hate anyone to think I’d left without saying goodbye :bigsmile:

Some of the senior members may not realise it but they are very important to the site and the Mods/Admins. It cheers my soul to see the regulars posting posting posting. BoSkin would appreciate the interest we take in the ‘oldies’, hehe

Oh I think I know some of you… Even though I have only seen the faces of a few, and none of you have seen mine.
Gonna fix that… :slight_smile:

Too bad we live so much apart from each other. I wouldn’t mind hanging around with a couple of you occasionaly.

Perhaps we could make a European Gathering , an American Gathering and an Australian Gathering and connect the gatherings using webcams :slight_smile:

Originally posted by FutureProof
I think I’ll really like phil (already do) because he smokes and drinks cold chardonay, just like me :slight_smile:
I thought only lawers and docs do that :stuck_out_tongue:

Me doesnt personnally know anybody here too. After i get my MD maybe i’ll reward myself with a nice trip down under or to Nederlands - Belgium - Sweden and meet most of the others :wink:

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]Too bad we live so much apart from each other. I wouldn’t mind hanging around with a couple of you occasionaly.

Perhaps we could make a European Gathering , an American Gathering and an Australian Gathering and connect the gatherings using webcams :slight_smile: [/B]

Actually, there are some South Korean members at CDFreaks that I personally talk to and meet face-to-face. The big problem is that they hardly post. Some of them have visited my home. I still feel awkward to be the only Asian (not including Oceania) guy posting this frequently.

I don’t know any of you personally, but I know the IT manager where I work frequently posts on another forum so I go over a wind him up a bit (but not in a nasty way). The best bit is he has no idea it’s me:p

Originally posted by Kenshin
Actually, there are some South Korean members at CDFreaks that I personally talk to and meet face-to-face. The big problem is that they hardly post. Some of them have visited my home. I still feel awkward to be the only Asian (not including Oceania) guy posting this frequently.

As long as everyone feels at home at the forums , i’ll be happy to hear from each and everyone of you. I hope that we get to organize an international gathering sometime.

I am in fact several different people who log in using the same details and post in a relatively consistent style. I do not even know myself.

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
As long as everyone feels at home at the forums , i’ll be happy to hear from each and everyone of you.

Could not agree more:)

I still feel that one of the biggest advantages of forum’s and e-mail is that there is no geographical boundrys. Someone could be sitting in the next house (or room!) or the other side of the planet and they can still take part of conversations and have their voices heard.

I don;t know any one posting here. But i have friends that visit the forum…not posting though

But you know how people will react on certain posts afther a while…

Nope. I’ve been around here for about 4, 5 years (started with another nick) and I know some of you better with IRC, but I won’t say I really “know” them like most IRL-friends.

At the beginning (when the site covered illegal topics), I didn’t want to show my real identity just to be sure.
And I think that " fear" never faded completely.
On other IRC channels however, I know lots of people and some became pretty close friends too (IRL).

Dansmug studies in the same city, but I won’t recognise him on the streets.
But on the other hand, it could be fun to meet some of you I think. I could introduce Da_Taxman to some of my (female :p) friends and visit some trance/dance parties with Airhead or just check out the babes in the park with dansmug :).