Do pvrs play avi formats?

vbimport

If I upgrade to a dvd player/recorder with a harddrive ,will this play avi videos
? or only if the manual says so ? 90% of retailers would not know what formats the new stuff plays.

I wouldn’t expect it to play it if it doesn’t say it will. Even if it does, it may be sensitive to the media you use, burning speed, etc.

The best advice is to take a disc to a store that has the model you are thinking of purchasing. Try the disc.

I haven’t seen any. But what you are looking for is Divx certification. There used to be a list at divx.com listing all of the Divx certified players.

[QUOTE=Dogg;2151208]I haven’t seen any. But what you are looking for is Divx certification. There used to be a list at divx.com listing all of the Divx certified players.[/QUOTE]

Also I wanted to ask, my dvd player has alot og limitations to displaying jpg pictures. It does not like a folder in another folder, otherwise it reads the jpgs as ,“No Files found” even though my pc can show them. 255 jpgs maximum will
be displayd on a single dvd or cd wich is not enough.

Do all dvd player have these limitations or just the old ones ?

It varies from player to player. If you need to know before purchase, try downloading the user manual from the manufacturer website. The manual is typically the only place all of the specifics are listed.