Do Only Retail Pioneer Drives Have Auto-Quiet Mode?

vbimport

Hello everyone. I have been searching around on here and on Pioneer’s site, but I cannot find an answer to these simple issues:

1. Does Pioneer’s software utility to control “Auto Quiet Mode” only apply to the retail edition drives, such as the BDR-2207/2208, or can it also be used on the OEM versions like BDR-207DBK/208DBK, etc?

2. And if the software tool is only for the retail editions, how do the OEM versions work? Are they always rip-locked?

3. What about the combo drive version BDC-207? How is riplock controlled on it? I can find virtually zero information on this drive.

Thank you for your time.

1. …is for RETAIL drives.
  2. They don’t work that way. They use firmware routines.
  3. What about using google?

I can find virtually zero information on this drive.
I doubt it.

Well thanks for your comments, however I am surprised by the snarkiness as it wasn’t common around here when I joined this site 10 years ago.

Btw, if you search for [B]BDC-207 site:myce.com[/B] on google, the only post mentioning this drive on all of myce.com is [B]this one[/B]. Your snarkiness in this context is highly improper and very bad form on your part.

Don’t be too hard on Chef. Sometimes one of his res-a-pees doesn’t turn out right and he gets that way.

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2663764]Don’t be too hard on Chef. Sometimes one of his res-a-pees doesn’t turn out right and he gets that way.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.
By the way, can anyone elaborate on the “Firmware Routines” used on the BDR-207/208 that regulate the riplock? Does the drive try to identify when you are ripping versus doing playback and remove riplock as appropriate? Or does it do something else?

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2663764]Don’t be too hard on Chef. Sometimes one of his res-a-pees doesn’t turn out right and he gets that way.[/QUOTE]

Stop posting BS please…

I will never support the lazyness or inability of persons making a simple google search. Point.

If we all stopped posting BS this would be a pretty vacant forum.

[QUOTE=chef;2664097]Stop posting BS please…

I will never support the lazyness or inability of persons making a simple google search. Point.[/QUOTE]

chef,

This forum exists for the sake of friends having discussions about CD, DVD, and Blu-ray Writers. I welcome any questions from our friends around here. We want to have answers readily available here for the sake of our members.

“3. What about using google?” adds nothing to the discussion and is really only an insult. If you don’t know the answer, allow someone who does know to help.

[QUOTE=Jucius_Maximus;2663768]Thanks.
By the way, can anyone elaborate on the “Firmware Routines” used on the BDR-207/208 that regulate the riplock? Does the drive try to identify when you are ripping versus doing playback and remove riplock as appropriate? Or does it do something else?[/QUOTE]
I’m curious about that too. I asked one of our members to post a screenshot of the Pioneer utility here. You may wish to ask in that thread how the various settings affect ripping. You will find that there are still plenty of helpful, friendly people around here ;).

I checked the Pioneer utility that came with my BDR-207 drive and the only one on the disc is 2207. I have the 2207 and 2208 listed on my latest disc that came with my 2208. Ran the 2207 utility and it recognizes the BDR-207…BUT…all the options are greyed out…Guess whomever found that only retail drives get this utility is correct!

Hope this is helpful

[QUOTE=bobmitch;2664325]I checked the Pioneer utility that came with my BDR-207 drive and the only one on the disc is 2207. I have the 2207 and 2208 listed on my latest disc that came with my 2208. Ran the 2207 utility and it recognizes the BDR-207…BUT…all the options are greyed out…Guess whomever found that only retail drives get this utility is correct!

Hope this is helpful[/QUOTE]

Anyone know where such Pioneer BD Drive Utility software can be obtained from? Pioneer’s site has nothing and im about to order a BDR-208 drive but it doesnt state that it comes with any software.

Here we go:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/BDR-2206%20DriveUtility_v1031.zip

Found it here:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Computer/Computer+Drives/BDR-2206?tab=firmware

[QUOTE=GrimRipper90210;2666151]Anyone know where such Pioneer BD Drive Utility software can be obtained from? Pioneer’s site has nothing and im about to order a BDR-208 drive but it doesnt state that it comes with any software.[/QUOTE]

From what has been reported by our members so far, I don’t think you should expect the BDR-208DBK to be compatible with the drive utility.

Confirmed that this utility doesn’t work with the BDR-209D or 209M