Do I need to purchase vers 5?

vbimport

I have Fab Platinum, latest version 4.1.2.0.

Do I need to purchase the new Beta 5 or do I still get lifetime updates as normal after May 8th… ?

sorry but brain is just not with it tonite…

Just get your free key for v5 and away you go. You can leave v4 on also and have both to play with if you want to.

[quote=rago88;2043881]I have Fab Platinum, latest version 4.1.2.0.

Do I need to purchase the new Beta 5 or do I still get lifetime updates as normal after May 8th… ?

sorry but brain is just not with it tonite…[/quote]
No you not have to purchase it. All you need to do is get your reg key for dvdfab5. The closed thread that fengtao put on the forum explain what to do

once I have the key can I install 5beta alongside of v4 ( and v3 if that’s still on here! ) or will it overwrite / corrupt the current fully working full version ?

Yes you can still have V3 and V4 along with V5 and all three still work fine. V5 installs into a new directory.

thanks all.

Installed 5 with no problem.
Registration key worked also…
Just used 5 to back up Dewey Cox: “Walk Hard”…
and "American Gangster…
no problems…
btw-
any reason to hold onto previous versions/folders of platinum after version 5 becomes the norm?

[QUOTE=rago88;2044538]btw-
any reason to hold onto previous versions/folders of platinum after version 5 becomes the norm?[/QUOTE]

not really, but i have been keeping them all for no reason what-so-ever. guess i just want to waste hard drive space. :bigsmile: i know some users have better luck using the mobile options with certain versions, so this might be something to consider.

[I]just want to waste hard drive space. [/I]

Me 2 I guess…
God knows there’s room for everything on hard drives these days…
keeping 3 versions of a great tool like Fab is fine by me…

[QUOTE=troy512;2044566]not really, but i have been keeping them all for no reason what-so-ever. guess i just want to waste hard drive space. :bigsmile: i know some users have better luck using the mobile options with certain versions, so this might be something to consider.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rago88;2045146][I]just want to waste hard drive space. [/I]

Me 2 I guess…
God knows there’s room for everything on hard drives these days…
keeping 3 versions of a great tool like Fab is fine by me…[/QUOTE]
Well, you can add me to the anal retentive club…:bigsmile:
I’ve got 'em archived back to 2004 for the same “…no reason what-so-ever…” I guess the’re like old friends, just hate to dump 'em.

Total disc space used to archive…about 750 MB. Wow, almost enough space to hold an mpeg-4 conversion…:stuck_out_tongue:
This, out of a grand total of about 1 terabyte and I’m seriously thinking about picking up another new hdd…a 1 terabyte seagate…:cool: