Do i need to install VSO Software?

vbimport

I’m (trying) to install DVDFab Platinum 4.0.5.5 in Vista Home Premium and it’s asking if I want to install VSO Software (think pcouffin.sys)???

no.

why are you trying to install an old version?

vso is the burn engine, you can use the program to rip without having it installed

Like cybmole said that is the burning engine, myself I would let it install as it may save you from having problems down the road burning, Myself I use the VSO burning engine instead of Nero or ImgBurn burning engine and yhave NEVER had any problems

The installer should be more descriptive about what VSO Software is. In this day and age of spyware, adware and other threats, it is not good enough to say “do you want to install VSO Software”. I had no idea what it was the first time it popped up.

VSO, particularly the pcouffin driver has caused problems with my Nero installation. I have to uninstall the devices after every upgrade.

pcouffin driver has caused problems with my Nero

thats new to me.

(well almost new, as i read your other thread stating the same :stuck_out_tongue: )

[QUOTE=troy512;2027317]thats new to me.

(well almost new, as i read your other thread stating the same :stuck_out_tongue: )[/QUOTE]

News to me also my friend, I have Nero 8 and no issues here