Do I need to buy a Sears Service agreement?

We are about to buy a Samsung LN46A650 and my husband & I are not in agreement about whether or not we need the Sears Service agreement. I believe it is about $350 for a 3 year contract. Do these TV’s typically have a problem after the manufacturer’s warrenty is up?

Also, we have no Blue Ray or surround sound and no plans to get anytime soon. What special cables, if any, do we need to hook this baby up? THANK YOU SO MUCH!

To be honest most people get the Audio right before the TV. Surround sound is not very expensive. You could get a somewhat decent Onkyo set up for probably $400.
Having done TV repair I would advise you to get the extended warranty. The original ones really are not adequate. That is one reason the price has come down. It is peace of mind that is well worth it.

A decent upscaling DVD player will give you a really excellent picture. BLue Ray players are coming down in price but if you own a lot of DVD’s, then you would probably be better getting a Upscaling DVD player. They are relatively cheap these days.

I personally think the sound is essential to the experience and you are selling yourself way short by not getting it.

The TV should come with all the cables you need, especially as you are not hooking anything up to it.

If you do find you need cables (it depends on what you are going to hook up to it), be very careful what you get. There are some very expensive cables out there, and I do mean VERY expensive. They do not do a better job than cheap ones. Price for a 6ft hdmi cable ranges from under 10$, to several hundred dollars. Most stores will try to convince you the expensive ones are better (and probably don’t even carry the cheap ones) because they make a huge profit off them. Read this.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f149/expensive-hdtv-cable-really-better-than-cheap-one-239888/

Its not uncommon for there to be multiple ways to connect something. If there is, here are some in order of quality (first best, worst last). hdmi/dvi, component (the red, green and blue rca connections), s-video, composite (the yellow rca conection), and coaxal (like an old antenna or cable connection). Cable company’s still use coxal but the signal is digital. Coax connections on tv’s are analog so use it as a last resort.

I’m actually the manager at the Sears in my town and i would suggest yeah to get a protection agreement because you wouldn’t believe the phone calls we get about going out to somebody’s house to repair the TV. Because the year warranty that the manufacture offers for TV’s is 3 months full service and the rest of the year is only parts you have to pay trip charge and labor which is pricey. But if you get the PA then there wouldn’t be any charge to you to have them go to their house.No matter what TV you get there is always a chance it might be a defective one. Also if you do the math in the long run the 5 year protection is cheaper and if you buy it again after 5 years then it drops in price.

That’s a good point, the service contract is renewable. There was a extensive study that showed the difference between cables is nil. The cable ends are another story. As long as they are strong you should be O.K…

Reasons Not To Buy An Extended Warranty

They Usually Cost More Than They’re Worth
Warranty Work May Be Unreliable
The Warranty May Not Cover What You Think It Does
Warranty Underwriter May Go Out Of Business
The Extended Warranty May Overlap Manufacturer’s Warranty

The buying public is also showing a growing awareness that extended warranties are a bad bet; you’re betting that the item will fail, while the seller is betting it won’t. You’re also betting that the cost of fixing the problem will be more than your warranty premium.

Extended warranties make companies a lot of money because consumers never need them, or if they do, loopholes exclude coverage. So while the salesperson is extolling the virtues of a plan that will cover the repair or replacement cost of your electronic equipment, the fact remains that it’s an unnecessary expenditure. Having coverage under and extended warranty makes us feel good. It makes us feel like we’re protected if our expensive item malfunctions. But with all the exclusions and hassles consumers are faced with, they most often don’t even recover the cost of the warranty.

So take your chances and save your money – don’t buy an extended warranty. You’d be much better off taking the money you would have spent on the warranty and putting it in a savings account. That way, you’ll have the money if you need to repair the item within the first few years of owning it. And if, like most consumers, your electronic equipment doesn’t need a repair, you have just saved yourself a tidy little sum.

Another option is using a credit card for the purchase, some will offer an extra year or double the manufacturers warranty depending on the type of card you have.

:cool::cool:

Sorry, I don’t buy that at all. The price for fixing a Plasma TV will usually start at about $250. Sears warranty’s are excellent. I also had really good luck with Circuit City that replaced a amp after 3 years with a better ONKYO unit. I had the same thing happen with a Canon Elph camera that crapped out after 1 year and Best Buy replaced it with a better one. I also had the a computer Motherboard replaced by Tigedirect.com for a better one and a DVD burner and the extended warranty was about $20 and $10 dollars respectively.

Anybody who would relay on 30 days labor 1 year parts warranty is not being realistic. The cheap warranty is factored into the price. On big ticket items you do need to protect yourself, unless you got money to burn. If you get a warranty from some no name outfit then I could understand, but why would anyone purchase such an item from a disreputable outfit.

There is no question that extended warranty’s are a huge profit for stores. I have made hundreds of electronic purchases without extended warranty’s, an a few with. I don’t regret not getting extended warranty’s, but on certain items, it might be worth it. Personally, Thats a pretty good tv (so far as I know) so I would be less likely to get the warranty. On a cheaper brand I might be more likely. Also, the price is pretty high. Read the terms of the warranty. If it is all inclusive and includes in home service, I might go for it. I did get a sears warranty once, and once you had service once, you had to rebuy the warranty (it was a replacement warranty though). Look for dangerous terms like that in the contract on such an expensive warranty.

One good thng about newegg reviews is you can get an idea of how many failed, and why they failed. It looks like a pretty reliable set to me.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16889102198

I would take the $350.00 and invest it and in 3 years time you will make enough to pay for a repair, and if you don’t have to have a repair done, Bonus.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2195145]I would take the $350.00 and invest it and in 3 years time you will make enough to pay for a repair, and if you don’t have to have a repair done, Bonus.

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

Agree. One advice is to only purchase warranty on products that receive most complaints. But will you buy something that receive many complaints? An even better advice is to check with online community/friends before you purchase a big ticket item. Samsung shall barely fail within 3 years on normal use; otherwise it would’ve gone out of business as opposed to being a premium brand. Another thought, after 3 years, your LCD TV might worth below $350. With technology advancing, new product comes out or price drops.

I recently got a call from Sears offering me a warranty on something I bought 2 years ago. I didn’t get the warranty then or now. I figure the money I saved not getting any warranties will cover the replacement of an item.

The panel on my 42" Philips LCD died three months after the 1 year warranty expired. When the panel goes, the inverters also go.

The service call to diagnose the issue was $92, applicable to the repair.
The cost of the replacement panel was about $700, plus $399 labor.

Luckily, my contacts from many years in the electronics industry came through. Philips extended my warranty until June, well beyond the expired warranty, so service is now free.

My wife simply would not allow me to leave the store without an extended warranty on the new Panasonic 50" Plasma we purchased as a replacement the day after the 42" Philips died.

It’s a gamble, you can play the odds, but when you miss, you miss big.

The $350 we invested in the 2 year warrany on the new Panasonic 50" Plasma is far less than the replacement cost of a new set.

Some manufacturers don’t even have replacement panels for current models.

Everyone dies.
Every TV set dies.
It’s just a matter of when?
Some sooner than others.
Can anyone predict this?

I would also check with your state (assuming US location) as warranties are in fact subject to state law. Also if you use a credit card you may have additional coverage. It is an excellent point that if a extended warranty or “enhanced” warranty is required because of a bad track record then IMHO it’s a lemon to start with.

Perhaps reviewing the below referenced Consumers Repost Web Site posting concerning Extended Warranties will shed some light on the value of Extended Warranties ->

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/shopping/2006/11/resist_the_pitc.html

In short save your money and don’t purchase the Extended Warranty.

Regards,
bjkg

Happy to report that the set is back up and running.

They did not replace the LCD panel. The two inverters were replaced and all is well.

I’m still running on the warranty extension that the manufacturer granted.

I’m not advocating extended warranties, to each his own, but in some cases, especially with new or fairly new technology, it can be the lesser of two evils.

On a side note:
I purchaced a new Panasonic vaccum several months ago from Best Buy for my daughter who is in college at Florida State University. Several weeks ago the colloction cup broke.
She simply took it into the local Best Buy store there and promptly got an exchange.

This is courtesy of the extended/replacement warranty we purchased for $12.

Again, the lesser of two evils.