Do I need SCSI or better CD-ROM drive?

vbimport

I am new to CD burning. I plan to purchase a Plextor 24x10x40 writer. My current drive is an off-brand DVD / CD-ROM drive combo. Do I need to get a SCSI card / interface and would you recommend I get a high quality CD-ROM drive to replace my off-brand one? I assume I will play the CD on my regular CD-ROM drive and copy it simultaneously with my burner. Stupid questions, but thanks in advance for any help.

James

I am new to CD burning. I plan to purchase a Plextor 24x10x40 writer. My current drive is an off-brand DVD / CD-ROM drive combo. Do I need to get a SCSI card / interface and would you recommend I get a high quality CD-ROM drive to replace my off-brand one? I assume I will play the CD on my regular CD-ROM drive and copy it simultaneously with my burner. Stupid questions, but thanks in advance for any help.

No u don’t need to get a SCSI card / interface,u’ll only need to get a SCSI card if u buy SCSI drives but if u got the money SCSI a better way to go(in my opinion)but for your basic pc set up IDE will do the job no worries.

get the scsi its the best and the only way to go

scsi is a professional interface for hard-disks, cd-rom, etc. This used to mean that scsi put less load on your system while burning, less chance on a buffer-underun. Nowadays we have really fast computers with really fast IDE controlers (Udma-133), so no specific use for scsi for the average consumer anymore. IDE solutions are also a lot cheaper, you don’t need a specific scsi card, you don’t have to buy that expensive scsi hard disc or scsi burner…

:smiley:

Although some IDE cdrom drives can read those protections,SCSI becomes interesting when you wanna backup your protected audiocd’s,because the Ultraplex 40x TSi is still the best audio(protections)reader on earth…and it’s a SCSI…:smiley: