Do I Need Nero To Burn DVD's?

I currently have AnyDVD running in the background. I am using CloneDVD2 to burn DVDs. A friend of mine said he thought that I might need to use Nero in order to have a higher success rate. True??

Also, I have recently run into a problem burning a DVD.what exactly does this mean? I am new to this DVD burning thing. I have burned a few movies already with no problems. When I tried to burn this last movie, the log file says “Unable to locate layer break”. It scanned a bit more, then a message popped up saying “Creation of DVD files was unsuccessful. Scheduler 0 D:/Video_TS/VTS_07_1.VOB:23:read error TCSectorReader TCE”. What does this all mean?

Success rate depends on the drive and media, not the software. Although there are some crapware out there. Personally, I’m using the free route. DVD Decrypter > DVD Shrink > Nero (came w/ the burner).

stoner why are you using dvd decrypter and then dvd shrink? dvd shrink will decrypt copy protected dvd movies :confused:

stoner why are you using dvd decrypter and then dvd shrink? dvd shrink will decrypt copy protected dvd movies

i read in a tuturial that it puts less strain on you reader if you use dvdd to rip the dvd first then shrink it.

Because I’m Stoner. And I like to do my shit separately.