Do I need anything else besides Nero DiscSpeed and ImgBurn?

I’m running on Windows and just installed a new burner.

For scanning purposes I will install Nero DiscSpeed.

For burning, I see that many people recommend ImgBurn.

Is there any other software you would recommend I install, or do DiscSpeed and ImgBurn cover everything I’ll ever need?

ImgBurn is all you need to burn your discs :slight_smile:

Don’t forget to buy good quality media, or you’ll have soon a nice collection of coasters :bigsmile:

I think most people around here use Nero CD/DVD Speed rather than DiscSpeed.

And a lot of people recommend Burrrn for making audio cds. Last one I did, I made a cue file in ImgBurn and burned to a cd with ImgBurn, so I suppose it isn’t an absolute necessity.

just installed a new burner … do DiscSpeed and ImgBurn cover everything I’ll ever need?

what burner have you just installed? what types of files will you burn?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2167997]I think most people around here use Nero CD/DVD Speed rather than DiscSpeed.[/QUOTE]

I thought that they just renamed it to DiscSpeed, and it has the latest updates/bugfixes. Is there a reason to use CD/DVD Speed instead of DiscSpeed?

[QUOTE=troy512;2168026]what burner have you just installed? what types of files will you burn?[/QUOTE]

Optiarc 7200A. I will be burning audio CDs, data CD-Rs and CD-RWs, and data DVDs.

[QUOTE=sl_dvd;2168066]I thought that they just renamed it to DiscSpeed, and it has the latest updates/bugfixes. Is there a reason to use CD/DVD Speed instead of DiscSpeed?

Optiarc 7200A. I will be burning audio CDs, data CD-Rs and CD-RWs, and data DVDs.[/QUOTE]

i have performed many benchmark and disc quality comparisons with 4.7.7.16 and 5.0.1.250. i have not noticed any difference in performance. 5.0.1.250, the GUI is slightly different and there is error message when going into settings [but changes can still be made]. i have been using 4.7.7.16 because this is still the forum standard.

[ul]
[li]download 4.7.7.16[/li][li]download 4.11.4.0[/li][li]download 5.0.1.250[/li][li]Ner0 DiscSpeed 5.0.1.250 discussion[/li][/ul]
very good choice in burning drive. :bow: will provide good results for both cd and dvd burning.

the cd quality scanning is considered good. :slight_smile: however the dvd quality scanning is not recommended, but from my testing is consistent enough for comparing its own quality scan results and not from lite-on or benq drives.

ImgBurn is all i use for burning. :clap: was just wondering if you needed any software for non-burning needs, decrypting, converting, software player, compression… etc, as ImgBurn will not do these task. there are several free programs if you need them just ask. :slight_smile: