Do i need a separate reader at all?

vbimport

I have just brought a Liteon 24102b burner. My other cd is a quad speed Hitachi which is pretty useless for reading audio and i suspect games.

I have been using the Liteon for both reading and writing (by copying an image from Hardrive of course ) and it seems to work fine. As i am on a limited budget i don't want to purchase a separate reader unless there are real benefits, are there? :wink:

Originally posted by Tats
[B]I have just brought a Liteon 24102b burner. My other cd is a quad speed Hitachi which is pretty useless for reading audio and i suspect games.

I have been using the Liteon for both reading and writing (by copying an image from Hardrive of course ) and it seems to work fine. As i am on a limited budget i don’t want to purchase a separate reader unless there are real benefits, are there? :wink: [/B]

On the fly copying is quite difficult without a cd-rom player next to the cd-(re)writer.

As the estemaed Mr. Belvedere has just posted it is hard to copy on the fly. And isn’t it just writers that read the Atip on Cd-R disks? So it is always good to have a standard CD drive or a DVD for being the reader

No your Lite-On will do just nice as a reader also, but as said you need to make images on your harddrive first.

About ATIP, yes true but with “Hide CD-R media” it should still work ok if needed.

Hide CD-R media is a CloneCD option for being able to play newer game backups from CD-Writers.

Thanks for settting it out for me there OC-Freak. I wasn’t too sure about it all that much. Do you have to have CloneCD open for the hide ATIP to work?

Originally posted by GhostBear
As the estemaed Mr. Belvedere

euh ?

To quote a line from the movie Hackers

" I’m what ? "

Ok I kinda stuffed up my spelling there. I do belive that the word I am after is Esteemed. Did that post when I was tired so I stuffed it. ot that I’m all the good at typing and spelling :smiley:

Originally posted by GhostBear
Ok I kinda stuffed up my spelling there. I do belive that the word I am after is Esteemed. Did that post when I was tired so I stuffed it. ot that I’m all the good at typing and spelling :smiley:

Thanks :slight_smile: , but there are a lot of things other forum members are much much better at and have more knowledge of.

That is true Mr. Belvedere. We all try and help out each other out

Don’t forget: using your writer for reading cd’s, affects the lifetime of your writer.
The laserheads used in writers are heavier and skipping them from one position to another at high speeds (when reading cd’s) is not the best option.
So you could better add a second reading device; cdrom or DVD-rom.

that’s my opinion

Ghostbear: When CloneCD 4 is installed, you will have an CloneCD tray icon( maybe not the right word? :wink: …the right part of your start line.)

Right click this icon and you’ll have the option to enable or disable hide CD-R media.

CloneCD don’t need to be running but the tray icon driver must be running.

Thanks again OC-Freak. I remeber that now when I installed CCD4. Wasn’t sure if you need the tray icon or CCD open. This might be alittle of track, but is there a way to get the icon back but with out it loading all the time?

Think this will work:

Right click the tray icon --> there is an autostart option --> uncheck it. Then it will not start when your computer starts.

You may still start CloneCD tray icon manually by going to the start menu and start “CloneCD tray” under the CloneCD folder…