Do i need a firmware update for my LTD-165H? Not reading Memorex DVD+R

I have a JLMS DVD-ROM LTD-165H but unfortunately it won’t play any of my Memorex DVD+R’s. DVDInfo says it has firmware CUH4 (which I can’t find any information on ANYWHERE). Is the firmware listed on this website (CH11) newer or older than what I have? Says online that firmware (CH11) is March 2003. I found a working link of CH11 but it gives me a message that it will only work on drives with firmware CH01-CH11 (mine is CUH4). I’m totally confused now, lol

Thanks in advance!

The latest firmware for 165H is CH12. I own this drive but not the Memorex so I can´t confirm that upgrading will solve the problem. Anyway CH12 changelog says “match more media” so you could give it a try.

Bye :slight_smile:

Originally posted by accu
[B]The latest firmware for 165H is CH12. I own this drive but not the Memorex so I can´t confirm that upgrading will solve the problem. Anyway CH12 changelog says “match more media” so you could give it a try.

Bye :slight_smile: [/B]

Is it ok to update it even though it gives me the warning that the previous firmware must be “CH01-CH11” and I don’t fit that category??? I don’t wanna screw the drive up… thanks in advance!

It’s OK, it wont hurt your drive.