Do I have enough CD-RW's?

so you guys think I have enough 48x cd-rws? this isnt even all of them. I have a black 48/24/48 lite-on cd-rw in the system I am posting this on but I didnt take a pic of since it isnt labeled. then I also have a 32x lite-on somewhere else, not to mention a 12x and two 4x’s, but the last two arent lite-ons.

btw, lite-on IS the best!

Your goal is to acquire at least one drive from every series made by Lite-ON :stuck_out_tongue:

:bow:

Originally posted by dhc014
[B]Your goal is to acquire at least one drive from every series made by Lite-ON :stuck_out_tongue:

:bow: [/B]
lol yep! except both my 48/42/48 lite-ons are the same drive…48126s.

dude, you could be running those 2 48x liteons at 52x with the proper firmware flash. Just think of it, burning 2 copies of a CD in under 3 minutes. :bigsmile: (this is how I am going to be running after Christmas. yay! can’t wait to play with that.

dude, you could be running those 2 48x liteons at 52x with the proper firmware flash.

Actually only one of them If you notice, one of the 48x drives has 12x rewrite, meditek5 chipset. 52x is a meditek6 chipset. Unfortunatly incompatible.

@ insey: Do you just leave your case off and have 2 power supplyt cables going up to the dirves? I also assume you have a ide controller card that they’re hooked up to. I have contemplated doing the same myself. Do your burners outside the case move around at all while they are burning.

I was either going to do that, or buy a crappy case and power supply and hook up the burners in the extra case to their own power supply and have them hooked up to a controller card also. lets see, 4 in the crappy case, 3 in the real computer case, i could have 7 high speed burners:bigsmile:

there was 48x12x48 drives based on a six series chip, and if you will read his post more carefully, it’s my understanding that he has one based on a 6

it could be a 48126s. just cause it says 12x on the front doesnt mean it HAS to be a 5 series.

whoops, my mistake. Misread it.

@compu44: Although i did notice in your sig you have a 56x burner.:wink:

Originally posted by kwkard
[B]whoops, my mistake. Misread it.

@compu44: Although i did notice in your sig you have a 56x burner.:wink: [/B]

Whoops! i’ll have to correct that. I got it all ass-backards! I used to have a 56x CD-ROM, but not a burner that fast… yet… :slight_smile:

fixed now. thanks for telling me about that one. I am sure I was typing that at 3AM… that’s not my worst. I won’t partition hard drives after 1AM any more, as the last time I was working really late, I deleted the partition from the wrong drive. D’OH!:a

ok heres even more lite-ons of mine:

those are all 100% lite-ons. in the last pic, the bottom drive is another 48x lite-on. it’s model 48246S. I will get around to flashing it to 52x sometime.

btw, I guess I should have done this earlier. if you want to see all my systems and specs, my website is www.insey.com

Originally posted by Smoker
it could be a 48126s. just cause it says 12x on the front doesnt mean it HAS to be a 5 series.

I know someone who got a BusLink (Lite-On) 48x12x48 drive, it has a 48x12x48 sticker on the front, the top label says 48125w, but the firmware out of the box was a 48246 drive (and flashed successfully to 52246).