Do I have a liteon dvd burner with a memerex name

I have a memorex dvd burner when I went to the memorex site to update the firm ware they used a liteon firmware.Does this mean I have a liteon dvd burner with a memerex name and if so where would I get an update

brbpab94, your post would likely be moved, but the Memorex F16 drive is a LiteOn SOHW-1633S rebadge. You can use the patched BS0Y here or “upgrade” to patched CS0T (same page, just a few lines down).

what does the upgrade do?

Since this series has been EOL’d, there’s no more firmware update, but with the latest, it could have more writing strategies compared to the what’s in the F16 now. It would also make your drive’s name to be either 1633 or 1653.

@brbpab94
what’s your writers name and firmware version?

Memorex model DVD+/DLRW1 F161
the firmware was BWSE and now it’s BSOY
And I still can’t get it to burn a disk that can be played on other dvd players.Someone asked if I finalized the burn .In nero vision express I can’t find an option to Finalize.

What media are you using? Use DVD Identifier to find out the MID.

manufacturer ID is [CMC MAG]

[17:48:18] DVD Identifier V5.0.1
[17:48:18] Initializing Drive Interface [Auto-Select ASPI/SPTI]
[17:48:18] SPTI Drive Interface Successfully Initialized
[17:48:18] 1 Supported Drive Found (Out Of 4 Available Drives)
[17:48:18] Manufacturer Database [08-OCT-06@727$93] Loaded From File : (@727$93) Entries Found
[17:48:25] This Version Of ‘DVD Identifier’ Is Up-To-Date
[17:48:25] The Manufacturer Database Is Up-To-Date
[17:48:52] DVD+R/+RW Medium Detected. Starting Identification…
[17:48:52] ** Initiating ADIP Retrieval Method 1 (Original ADIP)
[17:48:52] ADIP Read Method 1 Completed Without Errors
[17:48:52] Disc Identification Completed Successfully
[17:49:16] DVD+R/+RW Medium Information Copied To Clipboard
[17:49:27] DVD+R/+RW Medium Information Copied To Clipboard
[17:51:38] DVD+R/+RW Medium Detected. Starting Identification…
[17:51:38] ** Initiating ADIP Retrieval Method 1 (Original ADIP)
[17:51:38] ADIP Read Method 1 Completed Without Errors
[17:51:39] Disc Identification Completed Successfully

Can I cross flash back to memorex?

The MID list isn’t complete, can you show the last 3 characters by looking at the media block tab? CMC media typically don’t fare well with LiteOn’s, unless it’s the older 8x +R (CMC MAG E01), which burns quite well. Do you have other media to try out?

Unique disc Identifier [DVD+R:CMC MAG-M01-000}

Can you try some other media like Verbatim?

I don’t have anything else plus I have about 70 of these left.I had no problem with these on this burner before I put it in this computer.Is there a way I can cross flash it back to a memorex burner.

If you have f/w for it i would think C0deKing could fix you up or maybe there is already f/w for this?

But really that MID is not to great for burning with most any DVD writer.

is this a common problem?I don’t remember having it before.

Try using some Verbatim (Made In Taiwan for single layer) or some Tayio Yuden (Made In Japan) and see how it burns.

I have playback problems with that media code even when I burn at 8x.

I second the others’ opinions about getting some Verbatim. Even something like Sony would be better than those particular CMC MAGs.

rolling56

What do you do with all those dvd buners in your build???

I like having immediate access to them. They all have their purpose actually with certain DVD media and/or quality scanning, CD-R burning/scanning, etc…

That reason always works for my wife :bigsmile: but ^ is my reason.

how many dvds can you burn at once?