Do Dual layer disks work the same as regular dvd's?

Will a dual layer disk work on my dvd player?
I wanted to put, like three dvds on one dvd disk…
Asking someone who knows this works for sure because i didn’t want to buy those exspensive (DVD-DL) without doing a little digging. I will be using windows dvd maker" it records in ntsc format and my dvd player play’s the regular dvd’s i burned in the past just fine… i just wan’t to know what’s the difference between dvd and dvd-dl besides the obvious?

YES, the only difference is the amount that they can hold SL 4.3 GB’s - DL 8.5 GB’s

It should work. You would need to check the manual of your player to make sure it handles DL Disc. Most do unless it is really old.

OOPS forgot, don’t waste your money on the cheap DL media as they are prone to giving you trouble, I strongly recommend Verbatim DL Media as do many here on CD Freaks, Good Luck

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2307699]OOPS forgot, don’t waste your money on the cheap DL media as they are prone to giving you trouble, I strongly recommend Verbatim DL Media as do many here on CD Freaks, Good Luck[/QUOTE]
I wouldn’t JUST recommended them.
[B]
Verbatim are the only reliable DVD+R DL.[/B]
Anything else is just burning money. Save the effort of going to the shops & just light your hard earned $$$ with a lighter. you’ll be doing everyone a favour, and you’ll reduce your carbon footprint - that’s makes you an environmental hero :iagree:

Supporting manufacturers of bad quality media, just encourages the ba$tard$ to keep making over-priced crap.

I use also Emtec and Verbatim there are good burners with mine Plextor. Have no any problem with both.

I don’t buy cheap DL the can make trouble for your burner and writer.