DNSChanger Trojan may cause thousands to lose internet access

vbimport

I just posted the article DNSChanger Trojan may cause thousands to lose internet access.

If you lose internet access on Monday, July 9th, for no apparent reason, you may be one of thousands still infected with the DNSChanger Trojan.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dnschanger-trojan-may-cause-thousands-to-lose-internet-access-62316/](http://www.myce.com/news/dnschanger-trojan-may-cause-thousands-to-lose-internet-access-62316/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Who are the makers of these rubbers, and will they be held accountable!

[QUOTE=Zathros;2642082]Who are the makers of these rubbers, and will they be held accountable![/QUOTE]

They have already been arrested back in late 2010 and early 2011 and are in the process of prosecution, the FBI found the evidence on computers that was seized during the raids.

I appear to be not infected from what the test shows but to know for sure will need to test again after July 9 ,2012.
If you do the test it explains why.
In reading the information if you have a correctly password (your own password) protected router it is unlikely you are infected.

[QUOTE=cholla;2642124]I appear to be not infected from what the test shows but to know for sure will need to test again after July 9 ,2012.
If you do the test it explains why.
In reading the information if you have a correctly password (your own password) protected router it is unlikely you are infected.[/QUOTE]

If you don’t lose your Internet come July 9 there is no need to recheck for the infection because the ‘DNSChanger Trojan’ is no longer being distributed around. :wink:

If you don’t lose your Internet you may still be infected…

Some providers may put technical solutions in place that will correct the server problem that could hit some computers after midnight EDT Sunday. It they do, the Internet will work, but the malware will remain on victims’ computers and could pose future problems, course there are many people who believe that federal authorities are only trying to spy on them or take over the Internet. Blogs and other Internet forums are riddled with postings warning of the government using the malware as a ploy to breach American citizens’ computers.

Read the full story-> Here

[B]SJ[/B]

I’m in Canada and no problems for me. Then again, I’m smart enough to have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on my PC.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2642303]If you don’t lose your Internet you may still be infected…

Some providers may put technical solutions in place that will correct the server problem that could hit some computers after midnight EDT Sunday. It they do, the Internet will work, but the malware will remain on victims’ computers and could pose future problems, course there are many people who believe that federal authorities are only trying to spy on them or take over the Internet. Blogs and other Internet forums are riddled with postings warning of the government using the malware as a ploy to breach American citizens’ computers.

Read the full story-> Here

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]

The “Tin foil hat club” will always believe that someone is spying on them

These people suffer from the tragic dilusion that they are actually interesting enough to watch to prevent the watcher from becoming suicidal.

Allan, that’s [I]tinfoil-keyboard[/I] to you! :):slight_smile:

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2642862]The “Tin foil hat club” will always believe that someone is spying on them

These people suffer from the tragic dilusion that they are actually interesting enough to watch to prevent the watcher from becoming suicidal.[/QUOTE]

lol :bigsmile: yeah that could be true, [B]I for one don’t worry about that sort of stuff[/B].

Although if the FBI or the watcher as you call them are, most like it is was a way to find hackers and other such criminals by re-routing Internet users to their servers which the court order the servers to be shut down.

Another X-Factor conspiracy :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2642892]Allan, that’s [I]tinfoil-keyboard[/I] to you! :):)[/QUOTE]

I’ll stick with tin-foil hat.

I know a couple of people that I san set into an hour long anti-microsoft rant just by mentioning a few features of Windows media player 11 or 12.

And can make them actually “foam” just by commenting on the improvements to XP that came with service pack 3

THEY actually believe that “WGA” is all about spying on EVERYBODY
instead of what it is… Microsoft obeying what lawyers call “Rule #1”,
“Always make sure you get paid”

To believe you are being spied on when you aren’t a criminal, spy, terrorist or, god forbid! a dairy farmer who is selling unpasteurized milk (Horrors!) is prima facia evidence that you have “Dillusions of grandeur”

And the fact that our streets aren’t littered with FBI and Homeland security officers who have shot themselves, slit their own wrists, hung themselves, etc… out of sheer boredom is proof it (spying) isn’t happening.

BTW, I’m not forgetting that if you want a definition of “insane” look to the EU where it is literally illegal to say “Drinking water can prevent Dehydration”