DMX ProDisc CD Format

vbimport

I have a DMX Prodisc DS but no CDs for it. I understand that it does not play standard audio CDs and have found some references to CD-i and CD-BGM.

Could anyone shed any light on the format of the CDs used? Specifically, I’d like to be able to take MP3 files and burn them to a CD-R and put it into the machine.

Also. There are 8 dip-switches on the back. Does anyone know what these do? Does anyone have a manual handy for this model in pdf or available to scan in?

Thanks,

[QUOTE=__adapa;2492145]I have a DMX Prodisc DS but no CDs for it. I understand that it does not play standard audio CDs and have found some references to CD-i and CD-BGM.

Could anyone shed any light on the format of the CDs used? Specifically, I’d like to be able to take MP3 files and burn them to a CD-R and put it into the machine.

Also. There are 8 dip-switches on the back. Does anyone know what these do? Does anyone have a manual handy for this model in pdf or available to scan in?

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

Hello, I own a DMX Music Prodisc DS and it happens to be part of my HiFi system. I can play cd’s on mine. First DIP is Audio CD Playback (allows CD, CD-R) , 2nd DIP is disabled volume control (I swear, do NOT flip this DIP to to the on position, It WILL scare you.)

Thats all I know for the DIPs. The power output is 25W and seems a LOT more, more like 50w! The ProDisc is very choosy with CD-R’s. I recommend some Philips ones (This is the make who made CD-BGM, remember) All I have to say is [B]I also am looking for a manual for this player. if anyone has it, scan it in.[/B]